CMS Development

Hubmate
投稿者

Drag n Drop Areas - More Control for Developers

解決

I tried building with the drag n drop areas a while ago but found various aspects very frustrating as a developer. I was wondering if there has been any updates to drag n drop area HubL which gives developers more control in the following aspects:

- Only allow modules to be added vertically (stacked) and not horizontally

- Disable user input styles for drag n drop sections in the page editor

I find trying to control the page and keep it tidy impossible after the user has added unlimited modules to the page and add their own CSS padding/margins in the page editor.

Thanks for any input.

Steve

1件の承認済みベストアンサー
alyssamwilie
解決策
名誉エキスパート | Elite Partner
名誉エキスパート | Elite Partner

解決

@Hubmate 

Aw darn, I went and tested again and was able to add horizontally this time as well. I have such a difficult time moving stuff around in there maybe the first time for me it was just user error not being able to get them in 😂 Welp, if that doesn't work then I don't think there's anyway to stop users from adding columns. I've read through the docs but there's no mention of any options to change the way the feature works on the front end.

I'd suggest posting something in the Ideas Forum about features you'd like to see added to Drag and Drop Areas. More likely there for your wants to be seen by the powers that be.

P.S. What a small world! I'll send him a message when I get back into work tomorrow. 😂

If this answer solved your question, please mark it as the solution.

Alyssa Wilie Profile Image

Alyssa Wilie

Web Developerat Lynton

Learn HubL | Get Marketing Insights

HubSpot Elite Solutions Partner
Lynton's HubSpot theme Rubric now available. Click to download.

元の投稿で解決策を見る

3件の返信
alyssamwilie
名誉エキスパート | Elite Partner
名誉エキスパート | Elite Partner

解決

@Hubmate 

If you only use dnd_section and not add dnd_columns then a user would only be able to 'stack' elements and not create columns. I don't believe there is anyway to disable styling of dnd_sections. That would make drag and drop little different from flex columns. Unfortnately giving users more power to customize their pages will always come with the drawback of them going too far with it. I see this frequently with Wordpress and it's just something we have to try and school clients into how to use properly.

Alyssa Wilie

Web Developerat Lynton

Hubmate
投稿者

解決

Hey @alyssamwilie ,

Thanks for your advice and for tryng to help me out. Please see this screen recording: https://recordit.co/vRy7WBKV44 As you can see in the template I only have dnd_section as a descendant of dnd_area, and in the page editor I can still drag modules 'beside' each other modules 😬Have I misunderstood what you meant?

To a certain extent I am trying to replicate the older flex columns but still make use of the other improved features of Hubspot themes. Myself I prefer 100% custom modules in a more controlled environment (flex columns), I think it produced a neater result for the customer whilst still giving them flexibility.

Thanks for your input,
Steve

P.S. My first web development job was at LyntonWeb!! 😃I worked there for around 2 years. Please tell Daniel I said hello (Steven Steggles).

alyssamwilie
解決策
名誉エキスパート | Elite Partner
名誉エキスパート | Elite Partner

解決

@Hubmate 

Aw darn, I went and tested again and was able to add horizontally this time as well. I have such a difficult time moving stuff around in there maybe the first time for me it was just user error not being able to get them in 😂 Welp, if that doesn't work then I don't think there's anyway to stop users from adding columns. I've read through the docs but there's no mention of any options to change the way the feature works on the front end.

I'd suggest posting something in the Ideas Forum about features you'd like to see added to Drag and Drop Areas. More likely there for your wants to be seen by the powers that be.

P.S. What a small world! I'll send him a message when I get back into work tomorrow. 😂

Alyssa Wilie

Web Developerat Lynton