CMS Development

marquizzo
Colaborador

Does HubSpot use React.js?

resolver

I'm looking at some of the Forms we built using HubSpot, and I've noticed they all include data attributes like 'data-reactid=".hbspt-forms-0"'. There's also a JavaScript file imported from "/_hcms/forms/v2.js" that uses a lot of React functions:

Screen Shot 2022-11-07 at 2.50.32 PM.png

Does HubSpot use the React framework alongside JQuery? If so, why do we need two frameworks? Wouldn't it be more efficient to build a CMS with only one? My React Dev Tools plugin says it's using an "older unsuported version" of React.

0 Me gusta
1 Soluciones aceptada
Anton
Solución
Experto reconocido | Partner nivel Diamond

resolver

Hi @marquizzo,

yes - HubSpot is build upon React but only for several years. There were times were HubSpot wasn't build on react - and tbh I don't know what was before that. I remember that the interface was using the most basic jQueryUi styling when I've started with HubSpot years back.

cos_design_manager_before.png

And since there are still functions requiring jQuery - it's getting loaded. 

But HubSpot constantly improving everything and I'd say that there will be a day when jQuery will disappear from HubSpot(not the themes)

best, 

Anton

Anton Bujanowski Signature

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

2 Respuestas 2
Anton
Solución

resolver

Hi @marquizzo,

yes - HubSpot is build upon React but only for several years. There were times were HubSpot wasn't build on react - and tbh I don't know what was before that. I remember that the interface was using the most basic jQueryUi styling when I've started with HubSpot years back.

cos_design_manager_before.png

And since there are still functions requiring jQuery - it's getting loaded. 

But HubSpot constantly improving everything and I'd say that there will be a day when jQuery will disappear from HubSpot(not the themes)

best, 

Anton

Anton Bujanowski Signature
albertsg
Guía

resolver

Hi @marquizzo, I'm not using React on HubSpot but if you check their documentation you can see it's in BETA so not everything might be working as expected: https://developers.hubspot.com/docs/cms/guides/js-frameworks#reactjs 
You can provide your feedback directly to the GitHub repository if you want 🙂

Did my answer help you? Mark it as a solution

Book time with me

You can also connect with me on LinkedIn

0 Me gusta