Do embedded HubSpot forms cause URL redirects and how to fix them?

解決
Highlighted
一般投稿者

Hello! We're building a new website using WordPress and I have several HubSpot forms embedded onto pages. When running my website through GTmetrix, I get a "Minimize Redirects" error with 2 javascript files (I think) being listed. Is this something I can fix?

 

Side note: Are the googleads.g.doubleclick.net redirects related to HubSpot or no?

 

Thank you,

 

gtmetrixscreenshot.PNG

返信
0 賛成の数
承認済みベストアンサー

受理された解決策
アドバイザー

Hey @lisa8 

 

I'm not experienced in this area at all, but after a little time researching I found this link.

According to the article, which could very well be rather dated Google analytics tracks query strings as separat URLs. But you can set up the tracking to ignore certain query parameters. In your case that could be the "slf_rd"** that google is reporting as the redirects.

** tripple check the parameter name as I made a guess based on the screenshot text.

 

"By default Google Analytics treat same page as two different web pages, if they contain different query parameters."


"If a query parameter doesn’t change the contents of a web page then you should exclude it from your GA reports via the ‘Exclude URL Query Parameters’ feature."

 

From your screenshots this seems like it could be the issue. I would give this a shot and report back if you could…successful or not.

 

 

Thanks, lookingforward to hearing back!

 

2件の返信2
アドバイザー

Hey @lisa8 

 

I'm not experienced in this area at all, but after a little time researching I found this link.

According to the article, which could very well be rather dated Google analytics tracks query strings as separat URLs. But you can set up the tracking to ignore certain query parameters. In your case that could be the "slf_rd"** that google is reporting as the redirects.

** tripple check the parameter name as I made a guess based on the screenshot text.

 

"By default Google Analytics treat same page as two different web pages, if they contain different query parameters."


"If a query parameter doesn’t change the contents of a web page then you should exclude it from your GA reports via the ‘Exclude URL Query Parameters’ feature."

 

From your screenshots this seems like it could be the issue. I would give this a shot and report back if you could…successful or not.

 

 

Thanks, lookingforward to hearing back!

 

一般投稿者

Oh my goodness! That did it! It seemed complicated when you were first explaining it but all I had to do was add that slf_rd in my google analytics like you instructed and poof! Those redirects were gone!

 

That was extremely helpful, thank you so much!

 

For the HubSpot form JavaScript redirects, I did chat with HubSpot support and they said it's an http > https redirect so hopefully it corrects itself once the website goes live and our SSL certificate is in place.

 

Thank you!!