CMS Development

Track

Distributing to several accounts (CI/CD)

Hey,
say I have 5 clients that each have their own Hubspot accounts. I want to have one theme that I can distribute to them all.

In practice this would for example be a repo containing the "CMS Theme Boilerplate" + custom modules. This repo I'd like to store in Azure DevOps for source control and CI/CD (pipeline).
I've looked at https://developers.hubspot.com/docs/cms/guides/github-integration , but this only covers it when you want to deploy your code/theme to one account/portalid. "deploy.sh" only deploys to whatever Default we mentioned in "generate-config.js".

I need to do this to several 🤔 Or am I making this harder than it should and I just just have one deploy and make that one update something in the marketplace? (I don't want it to be public though)

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
Track

What I've done currently is that I followed the jist of the 'github-integration guide' and did my own version in Azure Devops (pipelines). Same principal to make it secure; generate a file with secrets etc and then iterate through a list of parameters (client account names/portal-Ids) and upload the repo to whatever is defined.

I'd like to know if this is a 'good enough' solution though - is it considered 'secure enough' if I create a "service account" on each of my clients Hubspot account and generate a Personal Access Key with this and use this to distribute?

Is there somewhere where I can read about what happens when:

• push updated code repo to HS, but one client has done local work on their button module - will e.x. new code overwrite whatever they had done?
  • if above is true; if they had made a new unique "button2"-module instead; would it persist fine when pushing updated repo?
0 Upvotes
Jaycee_Lewis
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @Track 👋 Thanks for reaching out.  Hey, @Anton @Jnix284 @louischausse, how do you handle this type of project for your client-work?

Thank you very much! — Jaycee

linkedin

Jaycee Lewis

Developer Community Manager

Community | HubSpot

0 Upvotes