CMS Development

cedaly
投稿者

Design Manager Shows a Module Not Appearing in the Page Editor

解決

I have cloned a HubSpot page template and cloned the CSS styling for the template but the Design Manager shows a background image module and when I go to edit the Page to add the background image the module is not appearing.  I searched through the modules to see if the module got reordered and it does not appear to be there.  Not sure why the backgrond image module is not appearing.   I checked the settings on the page for the style sheet and it references the correct style sheet for the template.  The image module should be right above the H header module and it is not.  

Also, when optimizing the page the editor claims there are 4 H1 tags and I went through the modules and made sure the tagging was correct and they read H2 and H3 styles but the optimizer sees other H1 tags.  Does updating the Style in the page editor change the tag in the template?  I am guessing no...

Screen Shot 2019-09-18 at 9.12.25 AM.pngScreen Shot 2019-09-18 at 9.12.49 AM.png

0 いいね!
1件の承認済みベストアンサー
jmclaren
解決策
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

解決

Hi @cedaly based on the screenshot it appears there is no module in that template that is a "Background Image" module. What you are seeing is a group. A wrapping element that contains modules and groups inside of it. Often developers will name a group based on it's function.

It is likely in this case they are using CSS to target that group for a background image.

I would advise contacting the developers that made your template for their help in changing the image. This likely needs to be done via the CSS file attached to the template, or via the inline styles field. They could also use another module to apply the background to that element, it completely depends on the developers who made the template.

Jon McLaren

Sr. CMS Developer Advocate

Get started developing on the HubSpot CMS Developer Changelog
How to optimize your CMS Hub site for speed

If my reply answered your question, please mark it as a solution, to make it easier for others to find.

元の投稿で解決策を見る

0 いいね!
2件の返信
jmclaren
解決策
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

解決

Hi @cedaly based on the screenshot it appears there is no module in that template that is a "Background Image" module. What you are seeing is a group. A wrapping element that contains modules and groups inside of it. Often developers will name a group based on it's function.

It is likely in this case they are using CSS to target that group for a background image.

I would advise contacting the developers that made your template for their help in changing the image. This likely needs to be done via the CSS file attached to the template, or via the inline styles field. They could also use another module to apply the background to that element, it completely depends on the developers who made the template.

Jon McLaren

Sr. CMS Developer Advocate

Get started developing on the HubSpot CMS Developer Changelog
How to optimize your CMS Hub site for speed

If my reply answered your question, please mark it as a solution, to make it easier for others to find.

0 いいね!
cedaly
投稿者

解決

Yep - I found it - I can add the CSS changes.  The module indicated a background image but the code was not there (odd).