CMS Development

VJeganathan

Deploy server less function in customer portal

SOLVE

Hi,

We are going to create simple application (Workflow action), Custom objects, etc.

That app is posting data to to external system through serverless funtions which reads information from our custom object and send.

Now how I should deploy this serverless function and custom object in our customer portal?

Is there any tool/autometd way ? Or manual execution for every customer portal is the only way?

Kindly help on this.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
LMeert
Solution
Guide | Platinum Partner
Guide | Platinum Partner

SOLVE

Hi @VJeganathan,

No need to apologize, I surely misunderstood too !
Where is your serverless function hosted ? Amazon ? Google ?

Here's what I understand : you developped an app that adds a custom workflow action to the HubSpot portal, is that correct ?

Now you're talking about deploying a serverless function in every portal, and this is where it gets confusing.
Do you want each app install to have its own action url (i.e each portal will have the custom workflow action target a separate action url) ?

If so, I don't think that this is possible, you have to provide an action url for the custom workflow action and to me this is a constant, they can't be dynamic.
But maybe that's something we could get confirmation for with @dennisedson ?

If it's not possible and you absolutely want to have a serverless function per portal, then I guess you could do something like this outside of HubSpot :

-> When your app is installed by a client, automate the serverless function duplication (wherever it's hosted, there should be an API to handle that) and store in your database the url of the newly created function as well as the client portal ID.

-> Then your custom workflow action will target one unique function that will have to re-route to the right serverless function based on the portal ID.

I hope this is not too confusing and I'm correctly understanding what you are trying to achieve !

Best,

Ludwig

Agence Mi4 - Data DrivenCTO @ Mi4
Hubspot Platinum Partner and Integration Expert

Passionate human, very curious about everything data and automation.

Any problem with Hubspot you need help solving ?

Let me know !

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
LMeert
Guide | Platinum Partner
Guide | Platinum Partner

SOLVE

Hi @VJeganathan,

To deploy workflows via API, here is the only workflow API available.

However, you'll note that the Workflows API currently only supports contact-based workflows.

The workflows API v3 is under development, hopefully it will fill the gaps and let you get creative with your application. In the meantime, the manual execution looks like the most viable option.

You can subscribe to the developer changelog to keep tabs on this project.

Hope this helps !
If it does, please consider marking this answer as a solution 🙂

Best,

Ludwig

Let me know !

0 Upvotes
VJeganathan

SOLVE

Hi @LMeert ,

Thanks for replying.

I do not want to automate workflows.

I have created an application (using CUSTOM WORKFLOW ACTION).

That application's action url is pointing to a serverless function.

Now I want to create a serverless function in every customer portal. How can I do that?

Is there any API to create a serverless function or manual?

Sorry If I misunderstood your answer.

Thanks

0 Upvotes
LMeert
Solution
Guide | Platinum Partner
Guide | Platinum Partner

SOLVE

Hi @VJeganathan,

No need to apologize, I surely misunderstood too !
Where is your serverless function hosted ? Amazon ? Google ?

Here's what I understand : you developped an app that adds a custom workflow action to the HubSpot portal, is that correct ?

Now you're talking about deploying a serverless function in every portal, and this is where it gets confusing.
Do you want each app install to have its own action url (i.e each portal will have the custom workflow action target a separate action url) ?

If so, I don't think that this is possible, you have to provide an action url for the custom workflow action and to me this is a constant, they can't be dynamic.
But maybe that's something we could get confirmation for with @dennisedson ?

If it's not possible and you absolutely want to have a serverless function per portal, then I guess you could do something like this outside of HubSpot :

-> When your app is installed by a client, automate the serverless function duplication (wherever it's hosted, there should be an API to handle that) and store in your database the url of the newly created function as well as the client portal ID.

-> Then your custom workflow action will target one unique function that will have to re-route to the right serverless function based on the portal ID.

I hope this is not too confusing and I'm correctly understanding what you are trying to achieve !

Best,

Ludwig

Let me know !