CMS Development

samerjk
Participant

Default Email width is not reflected when trying to create new template

I am trying to create a new email template where I need all our emails width to be 460 px. 

Went to Setting> Marketing > Email  and set the default width  460 px and padding 0 px

settings.JPG

However, when I try to create a new email from an existing template, the email body is showing more than 460 px as I am uploading a hero image with 460 px width but I still see the padding.

Email.JPG

see attached screenshots 

7 Replies 7
DanielSanchez
Key Advisor | Platinum Partner

Hi @samerjk ,

I think can be a option in Design Tools (Your email template). 

If you dont found in design manager, can send for me one test email (daniel@na5.com.br) too or web link to view. 

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Best regards! 🙂

0 Upvotes
samerjk
Participant

Hi Daniel,

I am not using any custom template, I am using one of the templates that is available in HubSpot. 

The question that I have, if I set the default email width in my account setting to 460 px, will that reflect the email templates width already available in HubSpot? 

0 Upvotes
DanielSanchez

Hi @samerjk 

We need to post in reply the weblink or send an test email for analyse  (daniel@na5.com.br).

About the template. All models use one template, including the HubSpot models. Or your template have padding in div, margin in image or you image dont have 460px. it is common to sometimes change a number when typing. I've swapped 790 for 709 in an image once.

Best regards!

0 Upvotes
samerjk
Participant

Please check the below weblink, note that the default email width we have in our settings is 460 px

https://preview.hs-sites.com/_hcms/preview/content/24557301188?portalId=6571724&_preview=true&cacheB...

samerjk
Participant

Below is the feedback we got from support team

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for reaching out to HubSpot support — It's great to hear from you!

I have been able to confirm that for Drag and Drop emails, our templates are fixed at 600px wide with no way to make it wider. The pixels applied in settings will only apply to emails made in our classic editor.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DanielSanchez

HI @samerjk 

Yes, looking your link, i can see  that the width of the email is larger than the image (600 vs 460px). With HubSpot's response then we know that we will have to adjust the images to have 600px then.

Bellow one print that the image have 600px of width.

width 600.PNG

I'm glad you found the solution.

Best regards!

0 Upvotes
samerjk
Participant

Thanks.

Now the issue with padding.

The drag and drop emails have a default padding 10 px which make the email looks ugly on mobile and there is no way we can change this.

Now, i am trying to check how to clone drag and drop email to html so i can edit width and padding.

0 Upvotes