CMS Development

bkinali
Member | Partner
Member | Partner

Customizing the 'Write a message' text on chatbot

SOLVE

Hello everyone, I wanted to customize the 'Write a message' text shown when the chatbot is opened. I've been told that customization is not possible but I'm wondering if there is a way to make the text disappear, maybe with CSS. 

I would really appreciate any idea. Thank you. 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Stephanie-OG
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Unfortunately, because it's within an iframe and hosted on HubSpot's domain, I don't think there's any way to edit it using CSS or JavaScript. 

Seems like there should definitely be a setting for it though, definitely worth bringing up in the Ideas section!

Stephanie O'Gay Garcia

Freelance HubSpot CMS Developer

Website | Contact

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
Stephanie-OG
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Unfortunately, because it's within an iframe and hosted on HubSpot's domain, I don't think there's any way to edit it using CSS or JavaScript. 

Seems like there should definitely be a setting for it though, definitely worth bringing up in the Ideas section!

Stephanie O'Gay Garcia

Freelance HubSpot CMS Developer

Website | Contact

Jaycee_Lewis
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hey, @Stephanie-OG, thanks for confirming. @bkinali I'll second what Stephanie suggested, this would be a great fit for the Ideas forum.

Best,

Jaycee

linkedin

Jaycee Lewis

Developer Community Manager

Community | HubSpot

0 Upvotes
Jaycee_Lewis
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hey, @bkinali 👋 Looking at the documentation + doing a quick search of previous posts, I am getting the same result as you — not possible.

Let's see if any of our Community members have any magic for us. I feel like you and I are correct, and it cannot hurt to ask. @tjoyce @LMeert @Bryantworks, have you ever altered message text in the chat window?

Thank you very much! — Jaycee

linkedin

Jaycee Lewis

Developer Community Manager

Community | HubSpot

0 Upvotes