CMS Development

Kuubikissa

Custom pages menu

SOLVE

Hi,

I'm trying to create a Bootstrap based custom menu for showing static pages.

I know that I can query all the blogs like this:

{% for post in posts %}
    <li><a href="{{ post.absolute_url }}">{{ post.name }}</a></li>
{% endfor %}

But how can I query all the pages?

Thanks!

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Jsum
Solution
Key Advisor

Custom pages menu

SOLVE

@Kuubikissa,

As far as I know this can't be done unless you use HubDB to table all of your site pages. There are requests in the idea section for a variable like contents in the blog markup because it would be very useful to create custom site searches, and so far it has not been provided but has not been discounted so it seams the need does exist.

You might be better off playing around with the options provided with the advanced of simple menus. You should be able to get then to dynamically show pages. You just can't break these down and create custom markup around them, which is another idea requested in the idea forum. 

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
Jsum
Solution
Key Advisor

Custom pages menu

SOLVE

@Kuubikissa,

As far as I know this can't be done unless you use HubDB to table all of your site pages. There are requests in the idea section for a variable like contents in the blog markup because it would be very useful to create custom site searches, and so far it has not been provided but has not been discounted so it seams the need does exist.

You might be better off playing around with the options provided with the advanced of simple menus. You should be able to get then to dynamically show pages. You just can't break these down and create custom markup around them, which is another idea requested in the idea forum. 

0 Upvotes