CMS Development

hilton22
Contributor | Diamond Partner

Custom name tag for external rss feed e-mal

SOLVE

Hello,

I'm in need of some help regarding customizing tag names in external rss feed in email.

I've read many articles and posts on Hubspot forums on the topic, but none of them solved my problem.

I need to create an email template using external rss feed. The problem is that in the XML of this external feed, there are other tags that need to be displayed, but I don't know where to set this in Hubspot.

Do I need to create a csutom module for this? Is there any way to display tag content with different names than Hubspot has?

I've read about HubL's {% rss_listing %} function, but I don't understand how to use it in this case, or if it's possible to do so.

I don't know where to start... could someone help me?

Thanks,

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Indra
Solution
Guide | Elite Partner
Guide | Elite Partner

SOLVE

Hi @hilton22,

To make things clear, you want to display another xml / rss feed into a HubSpot mail?

Like you said, there is a hubl function rss_listing that can display an external rss. 

It's as simple as adding the following code:

{% rss_listing "my_blog_rss" rss_url='https://www.example.com/blog/rss.xml', is_external=True %}

Don't forget to enable option is_external.

If you want to customize it, in most cases it's recommended to use javascript. This has been discussed in the following topic: Custom (external) RSS Feed Module

Since you want to display an RSS inside mailing I think you will need some external resourses to store data.

So my approach would be:

- Have a external platform and read the RSS and send the data to an HubDB with the HubDB API.

- From there you can display items from the HubDB like you want.

Vet Digital - The Growth Agency | HubSpot Solutions Partner Agency

Did my post solve your question? Help the community by marking it as a solution

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
hilton22

SOLVE

Hi @Indra,

Thank you very much for the reply.

I will try to carry out the approach you suggested, it sounded like a very good idea!!!

Once again, thanks for your time.

Cheers,

0 Upvotes
Indra
Solution
Guide | Elite Partner
Guide | Elite Partner

SOLVE

Hi @hilton22,

To make things clear, you want to display another xml / rss feed into a HubSpot mail?

Like you said, there is a hubl function rss_listing that can display an external rss. 

It's as simple as adding the following code:

{% rss_listing "my_blog_rss" rss_url='https://www.example.com/blog/rss.xml', is_external=True %}

Don't forget to enable option is_external.

If you want to customize it, in most cases it's recommended to use javascript. This has been discussed in the following topic: Custom (external) RSS Feed Module

Since you want to display an RSS inside mailing I think you will need some external resourses to store data.

So my approach would be:

- Have a external platform and read the RSS and send the data to an HubDB with the HubDB API.

- From there you can display items from the HubDB like you want.

Vet Digital - The Growth Agency | HubSpot Solutions Partner Agency

Did my post solve your question? Help the community by marking it as a solution