CMS Development

SD_dev

Custom modules - set globally - how does this work on a multi-language site?

SOLVE

Hello,

I am developing a website, and have created a custom our clients module with text (our clients) and logos (8 client logos) - set globally because they are repeated across the site.

I am not clear how this works when the website is later changed to be multi-language.

My custom module contains a mixture of text and images.

I assume it will be easy to update the text (our clients) to a different language.

But I am not clear if I will be able to change the rest of the content in my custom module, e.g. can they change the images as well?

To help illustrate what I mean: The custom module contains client logos, it would make more sense for our French language website to contain client logos of French companies.

This would essentially be a new global module, but in Italian or French for example.

Is this level of control possible?

Or should I just stick to a repeatable custom module to achieve this.

Thank you

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Gonzalo
Solution
Top Contributor | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @SD_dev,

Right now Hubspot provides a similar way to update your global modules on different langs, as regulars so you will be fine. Meaning you can actually provide different content (but gobal) depend on the lang you are visiting. You can read in depth here:
https://knowledge.hubspot.com/cos-general/how-to-manage-multi-language-content-with-hubspots-cos#edi...

If this answer helps you to solve your questions please mark it as a solution.

Thank you,

Gonzalo Torreras

HubSpot freelance developer

hola@gonzalotorreras.com
www.gonzalotorreras.com
Schedule a meeting

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
SD_dev

SOLVE

Great, thank you!

0 Upvotes
Gonzalo
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @SD_dev,

Right now Hubspot provides a similar way to update your global modules on different langs, as regulars so you will be fine. Meaning you can actually provide different content (but gobal) depend on the lang you are visiting. You can read in depth here:
https://knowledge.hubspot.com/cos-general/how-to-manage-multi-language-content-with-hubspots-cos#edi...

If this answer helps you to solve your questions please mark it as a solution.

Thank you,

Gonzalo Torreras

HubSpot freelance developer

hola@gonzalotorreras.com
www.gonzalotorreras.com
Schedule a meeting