CMS Development

SPfadt

Custom math captcha field in HubSpot forms possible?

Hi,

are there additional options to prevent spam in HubSpot form submission?

Apart from the regular ReCaptcha field, recently I came across many forms that include a simple match calculation field, e.g. "What is 4+9?", so that the person submitting a form needs to enter a valid/correct answer. This prevents bots from filling/submitting the form.

Is something like this possible in HubSpot? Either by adding few lines of code or maybe even by adding a calculation field/property?

Any insight is highly appreciated 🙂

1 Reply 1
Jaycee_Lewis
Community Manager
Community Manager

Custom math captcha field in HubSpot forms possible?

Hey, @SPfadt 👋 Thanks for the question. I don't have any documentation on editing or modifying the ReCaptcha from HubSpot forms. This knowledge base article covers the available options — 
Prevent spam form submissions.

Outside of HubSpot created forms — My instinct is that this will require a custom-coded form and the Forms API to push the submissions to HubSpot. As this allows for maximum flexility in adding to and customizing a form. 

I promise I'm not trying to be vague or mysterious, it's likely there are many ways to accomplish this relative to your needs and resources.

My suggestion, based on my experience with our community, is to:

• create a new post with your custom-coded form (a link to a live example is super helpful)
  • share where you are stuck
  • provide a link + any relevant code blocks you created

This gives the community plenty to work with. And increases the chance they can offer you specific advice. 

Best,
Jaycee

linkedin

Jaycee Lewis

Developer Community Manager

Community | HubSpot

0 Upvotes