CMS Development

marketbypixel

Custom coded dnd email beta modules - modules not found

SOLVE

I’m trying to use dnd modules that I have created in the dnd module beta and they are creating errors, we want to create templates using a specific set of dnd modules and the only ones that we are allowed to use currently are the modules that live in @hubspot and the documentation that was provided says that we can use any module in the file tree but that’s not the case. Is there a setting that we should adjust or is this a bug? Can I be granted access to the @hubspot files in the file tree to move the file into that tree if that is in fact required for this to work...

Screenshot 2024-01-23 at 4.12.52 PM.pngScreenshot 2024-01-25 at 9.02.53 AM.png

This is the beta instructions... https://developers.hubspot.com/docs/cms/guides/specify-drag-and-drop-areas-in-a-custom-email-templat...

The connection to modules seems to only work with the example given with the article but the problem is that I can't find that module anywhere in the file tree it's like it is hidden or something and if I try to put a different module from the @hubspot area or the larger file tree I get the error in the screen shot (186:11 The dnd_module tag is using invalid dnd email module path) The only one that works is: {% dnd_module path='@hubspot/image_email %} which is very strange when it says you can add basically anything to these. I can't figure out why this is, and then I can't publish the template and cannot continue code out custom templates until this is resolved.

From the documentation:

Add a drag and drop area with modules

To prepopulate a section with content, you can use the dnd_module tag to include a module by referencing its path. In the following example below, a default HubSpot module is referenced, but you can also include modules you've built, by specifying their path within your Design Tools file tree.

To specify a default value for the dnd_module, you can use the module_attribute tag.

1 Accepted solution
JTBuys
Solution
Contributor | Platinum Partner

SOLVE

@marketbypixel, I confirmed with the product manager that custom module support is still being worked on. In the meantime, I've created the email layouts I want and saved them as drafts in a "template" folder.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
5 Replies 5
JTBuys
Solution

SOLVE

@marketbypixel, I confirmed with the product manager that custom module support is still being worked on. In the meantime, I've created the email layouts I want and saved them as drafts in a "template" folder.

0 Upvotes
JTBuys

SOLVE

@marketbypixel, I can see my custom modules rendered in the preview. But I cannot publish the template when including a custom dnd module.

I'm struggling to create a default footer for my dnd email templates using the default HubSpot dnd email modules. There's no documentation on the dnd email module field structure and we can't see some of the modules in the design tools file tree. Without the field structure I can't set defualt values.

@Mícheál, is there an additional step that must be taken for custom modules to be supported? Also, is there additional documentation on the default dnd email modules? Currently I'm running into issues with the divider module.

0 Upvotes
JTBuys

SOLVE

@marketbypixel, I found a work around to see the dnd email modules in the design manager. It looks like only the modules show below are compatible with dnd. Which would explain why the email_logo does not work.

Screenshot 2024-02-21 at 4.39.57 PM.png

You can view these in the design manager by updating the url in the address bar to match the module name. Most of the dnd modules follow the pattern of module_name_email or email_module_name. For example, the Social module can be viewed with a url like this:
https://app.hubspot.com/design-manager/[PORTALID]/modules/p/@hubspot/follow_me_email 

Interestingly you can clone this module that is supported by dnd templates but the new custom module will still not be compatible.

0 Upvotes
marketbypixel

SOLVE
rich_text and image also work but once you get them into an actual draft email it starts duplicating them and it wasn’t a reliable way to make an actual starter template!
0 Upvotes
benbrophy
Participant

SOLVE

Having the same issue

0 Upvotes