CMS Development

skillcrush

Custom Unsubscribe Email Types

Hi there!

I'm trying to create a custom module for our the subscription preferences section. It seems like the HubL code only allows 2 options:

1) A simple email unsubscribe form / button

2) One with ALL of the email types

We don't want all the email types to show for certain emails. Is there a way to accomplish this? My research says no, but I wanted to see if there's someone who may have found something I missed.

Thank you.

3 Replies 3
edjusten
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hi @skillcrush  At this time, it's not possible to select different email types for an email subscription page. If we allowed the option of selecting email marketing types, then some nefarious marketers might decide to game the system and not offer the options to unsubscribe to certain email types to contacts, thereby forcing them in to a subscription they wish to stop. 

Email subscription types are something that most contacts don't think about; you can carefully consider the name of the subscrition type to not give away too much (or confusing) info when a contact lands on the page. 

Thank you,

Ed Justen 

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
mchvatal
Contributor

@edjusten Is it possible to have an unsubscribe link that will only remove the contact from one list type? For example, if they want to unsubscribe from marketing emails but continue to receive blog notifications? Right now, we have many different email types because of our various brands. However, when someone clicks on the email preferences button they see a view showing that they have opted into all of these brands, which they haven't. It causes a lot of confusion and makes them want to unsubscribe from all even though they never would have received emails from these other email types. 

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @mchvatal,

Currently the options are either the email subscriptions page, which will show all email subscriptions, including those they are already opted into, or the email opt out. 

Thanks,

Jenny

0 Upvotes