CMS Development

Tonysense

Custom Template - Displaying the order of the "Edit Modules" within the email template

Hi All,

I have created my own custom email template with several options using HubL with is working perfectly.

My question is, I have added several new features that are options when the user wants to create a newsletter. Its the ordering of the options thats causing me issues.

My HTML code is clean and the layout is in the order that user would like. Bit when you go into the editor the layout is random.

For example. I have an option to choose to have a border on your email or not, as well as images, CTAs, background colours etc, but the ordering of these images do not follow the code.

See attached screenshot.

Screen Shot 2017-10-16 at 17.14.21.png

Is there a way to organise the layout better? Or do I need to re-order my code?

Cheers,

Tony

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
roisinkirby
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Custom Template - Displaying the order of the "Edit Modules" within the email template

Hey @Tonysense could you share a screenshot example showing how these emails are displaying, perhaps even share the preview link? Could you also share an example of the HTML you are using? Finally can you confirm if your are applying a custom html template?

0 Upvotes
Tonysense

Hi roisinkirby,

The Email templates are indeed custom HTML, the standard modular builder is not being used. The emails template is very versatile and allows you create sections, background colours etc. Quite comprehensive really.

I believe that one of the HS team did answer my question (Privately) and confirmed that there is no way to order the module sections at this stage. So I guess its a case of at some stage this function will be achieveable.

Luckily the email is still workable, even if all the options are in no particular order! 

Cheers,

Tony

0 Upvotes