CMS Development

NinaKovari
Contributeur

Custom Module Rich Text Editor Error

Résolue

I'm trying to create multiple versions of an email footer for different languages, and I have a very interesting error happening. If I open the editor for the rich text in two seperate modules, they become linked for some reason, and editing on one module changes it on the other.  

Here's a video screen recording of what I'm experiencing:
https://www.loom.com/share/e54f9b56eb1842c784b6699b78789117

I have created the Korean version completely from scratch (meaning I did not duplicate the English module), and the rich text fields themselves have different names. 

Another interesting thing is also happening with this Korean module. When I add it into an email, it does not display properly and when I click on it it says I cannot edit it in the email editor, so I recreated it completely from scratch and it works perfectly fine. 

https://www.loom.com/share/b7ac8a4c4858423ab68008e4d177d9f4

It's not a major issue, I just have to work around them, but I have no idea why this is happening and I want to bring attention to in case this is a bug. 

0 Votes
1 Solution acceptée
NinaKovari
Solution
Contributeur

Résolue

Hi Daniel,

Yes, this is what I did when I first created my modules (I made a new custom module from scratch (I did not clone it, I just remade it) the second time to see if the issue was the same), but when I happened to have both modules open at the same time in the rich text editor, editing one would change the other. So if I had the English version open and the Korean version open in the editor, they would both become English for some reason. If I started editing the English version, it would show the same changes in the Korean version. 

However, after testing it some more it looks like the changes I make to the English version do not save to the Korean version, so it would seem that the solution is to not edit more than one rich text at the same time. 

Voir la solution dans l'envoi d'origine

0 Votes
2 Réponses
DanielSanchez
Conseiller clé | Partenaire solutions Platinum
Conseiller clé | Partenaire solutions Platinum

Résolue

Hi Nina, i understood you are editing one field default value.

I believe is betther u can create one custom module for email, and set one rich text field to this módulo.

Then you clone module after finish, to rename and edit default values for others default informations. Look:

1) create one file module

new-file-in-test.PNG

2) Set a email module and your name

template-email.PNG

3) create one rich text field

3a.PNG

4) Define your default value:

define-default.PNG

5) Copy his Snippet and paste in content

copy-paste.PNG

Done, your module has been created. Now you can clone it and set a default value in the rich text of each module and in each email template you can insert the module corresponding to the template.

Hope this helps!

NinaKovari
Solution
Contributeur

Résolue

Hi Daniel,

Yes, this is what I did when I first created my modules (I made a new custom module from scratch (I did not clone it, I just remade it) the second time to see if the issue was the same), but when I happened to have both modules open at the same time in the rich text editor, editing one would change the other. So if I had the English version open and the Korean version open in the editor, they would both become English for some reason. If I started editing the English version, it would show the same changes in the Korean version. 

However, after testing it some more it looks like the changes I make to the English version do not save to the Korean version, so it would seem that the solution is to not edit more than one rich text at the same time. 

0 Votes