CMS Development

Petri

Custom Field for Blog Author Profiles

Hi!

I'm currently trying to figure out the best way to let each author on my Hubspot blog to add their custom signature with social media handles and some "Hey follow me I'm awesome" kinda text. I figured the best way would be to have it on a field on the author profile, but bio is the only open text field there and I'm currently using it to display authors' job titles.

Is there a way to add custom fields to the author profiles, and if not, do you have a suggestion on how to create something that'd achieve similar effect. I wanna avoid making every author go and do that to every page separately.

I realize I could make a custom module with crazy if elif elif elif elif elif else kinda thing, but that seems unreasonably tedious and hard-to-update. Thanks! 🙂

2 Replies 2
hjelmqwist
Participant | Elite Partner
Participant | Elite Partner

I agree.

You should be able to add custom fields for authors like you can do contacts. I've got several clients that want to be able to show their working title and interests along with their blog posts and author archive.

Jsum
Key Advisor

@Petri You could set up a HubDB database for you authors. Then you just need a condition to output the author info if the author matches the author row in the database. 

http://designers.hubspot.com/docs/tutorials/how-to-build-dynamic-pages-with-hubdb