CMS Development

Evergreen

Custom Coded HTML page: How to add to a staged page as a template?

SOLVE

Hello!

I have created a custom coded HTML page but when I go to pick the template to swap the current page template with I cannot find my custom coded template? Any ideas how I assign that to the new staged page?

Thanks!

1 Accepted solution
Jsum
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

@Evergreen,

I have been building Hubspot websites for years and I still run into this with new projects from time to time. It's pretty silly..

When you publish your template, a dialog box pops up. There is a checkbox on this popup that controls whether the template is available for new pages. Check it and you can use the template.

Need help? Hire Us Here

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
Jsum
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

@Evergreen,

I have been building Hubspot websites for years and I still run into this with new projects from time to time. It's pretty silly..

When you publish your template, a dialog box pops up. There is a checkbox on this popup that controls whether the template is available for new pages. Check it and you can use the template.

Need help? Hire Us Here

0 Upvotes
therobert
Contributor | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

I do see, however, the "Make available in pages" option which is checked to allow pages to be made using the template. But upon creating a new page, my  template is not available. I also, have  the same issue with the 24/7 404 Simple template i got from the HS  Marketplace. It's visible in my portal in Design Tools but not available to make a Page with.

0 Upvotes
Jsum
Key Advisor

SOLVE

@therobert, that is odd. I have purchased templates from the marketplace that took hoursto get into my account. I have also lost templates by transferring accounts to the new design tools, and have lost some templates by what I can only assume is a system bug. I have experienced situations where custom modules seam to get jumbled up and the only way to work around it is to create a new module. 

Your issue is either a user error or a system error. If you are convinced it is a system error than you should report it to Hubspot support so they can have a look under the hood. 

Need help? Hire Us Here

therobert

SOLVE

Clicking Publish does not show a popup with that option for me. Itried it nthree times. No popup.

0 Upvotes