CMS Development

NUrmi

Custom Button on Knowledge base

SOLVE

Hello everyone,

I am a new Hubspot user seeking assistance. We are in need of customized drop-down buttons for the header bar of our Knowledge base, similar to the reference image provided. However, I have searched the native tool and could not find any options. Could anyone kindly provide guidance on how to achieve this? Thank you. 

Screenshot 2023-07-24 at 2.48.03 PM.png

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
coldrickjack
Solution
Top Contributor

SOLVE

Hey @NUrmi,

Unfortunately the short answer is that at the moment you can't! That level of customisation is not available within the tool. You are limited to what options are surfaced in the UI. The only "workaround" I can think of is to include them within the footer. If you customise the knowledge base template and select "Global footer" it allows you to add "Custom text links": 

Screenshot 2023-07-24 at 14.56.19.png

The same functionality is not available when we attempt to conifgure the "Navigation Bar". We're limited to setting up:

• Company logo and specifying a URL it links to
  • A text link back to your company website
  • A support form to allow inbound tickets to be created

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
albertsg
Guide

SOLVE

Hello @NUrmi

One option you have is to create a custom global module that you will use as your site navigation. 

Here's the documentation for custom modules.

You can fully customize a module as per your desire, the sky is the limit! 😄 Maybe create a group of variables that will include link and text and multiply it as many times as links you want to have, or make a group inside a group so you can enable dropdown. There are a lot of options and ways to handle this using custom modules. 

Did my answer help you? Mark it as a solution

Book time with me

You can also connect with me on LinkedIn

0 Upvotes
coldrickjack
Top Contributor

SOLVE

Hey @albertsg,

Unfortunately the knowledge base component of the Service Hub doesn't support custom modules in the same way that website and landing pages do. 🙁 We're only able to work with the pre-defined templates out of the box and work with the limited filters relating to the parts within them.

0 Upvotes
coldrickjack
Solution
Top Contributor

SOLVE

Hey @NUrmi,

Unfortunately the short answer is that at the moment you can't! That level of customisation is not available within the tool. You are limited to what options are surfaced in the UI. The only "workaround" I can think of is to include them within the footer. If you customise the knowledge base template and select "Global footer" it allows you to add "Custom text links": 

Screenshot 2023-07-24 at 14.56.19.png

The same functionality is not available when we attempt to conifgure the "Navigation Bar". We're limited to setting up:

• Company logo and specifying a URL it links to
  • A text link back to your company website
  • A support form to allow inbound tickets to be created

0 Upvotes