CMS Development

Amit_95
Participant | Platinum Partner
Participant | Platinum Partner

Creating custom modules with React Boilerplate template and responsive settings for themes

SOLVE

I've recently come across the HubSpot React boilerplate theme. However, I'm struggling to see many sites or information on this online, which is surprising, as I would've imagined many people would have started playing around and experimenting with React in HubSpot.

The boilerplate raises the following questions:

1. Is its possible to create custom modules and use them alongside the React framework?
  2. As mentioned, I cannot find any HubSpot site which has implemented React on their HubSpot site. Any ideas as to why this is? Are there known issues / limitations with this boilerplate?
  3. Last time I played around with themes in HubSpot, the biggest limitation I found at the time was that there were no settings for responsive. For example, in WPBakery (a block builder plugin for WordPress), you're able to change how many columns the content spans for mobile, tablet, etc. In themes, this setting didn't exist. Is this still the case? Is this maybe why there's not many React HubSpots live?
  4. If I'm incorrect with the above, can anyone link me to some examples of HubSpot sites that have been built using the boilerplate linked above?
0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
miljkovicmisa
Solution
Top Contributor | Platinum Partner

Creating custom modules with React Boilerplate template and responsive settings for themes

SOLVE

Hello @Amit_95 , 👋 @dennisedson ! Coming in a bit late but hope this helps. As far as I am concerned there are no limitations regarding responsiveness, since you can use drag and drop areas in your template like described here in this link.
In regards to the limitations, I can't really point anything in particular except only the fact that for any state change you need reflected, you would have to manage the lack of page refresh, that ofcourse depends on your application.
If you have something specific in your mind you'd like to develop with react then maybe you could share with us so you can get more specific details.

P.S. There is this question I posted regarding various frameworks integrations and the answer was very thorough, hope it helps.

Kind regards.

If my answer was helpful please mark it as a solution.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
miljkovicmisa
Solution

SOLVE

Hello @Amit_95 , 👋 @dennisedson ! Coming in a bit late but hope this helps. As far as I am concerned there are no limitations regarding responsiveness, since you can use drag and drop areas in your template like described here in this link.
In regards to the limitations, I can't really point anything in particular except only the fact that for any state change you need reflected, you would have to manage the lack of page refresh, that ofcourse depends on your application.
If you have something specific in your mind you'd like to develop with react then maybe you could share with us so you can get more specific details.

P.S. There is this question I posted regarding various frameworks integrations and the answer was very thorough, hope it helps.

Kind regards.

If my answer was helpful please mark it as a solution.

dennisedson
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

@Oezcan , @miljkovicmisa , @Kevin-C 

Any of you using the react boilerplate?

0 Upvotes
Oezcan
Top Contributor | Diamond Partner
Top Contributor | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi  @dennisedson  ,

not until now.

Best regards,

Özcan

Oezcan Eser Signature
0 Upvotes