Creating a text link CTA, not an image of text

SOLVE
Highlighted
dit
Occasional Contributor

Is there any way to create a true text link CTA rather than merely an image of some text.

Text as an image is bad for accessibility, also not great for RWD. We need our CTAs to work on a different number of backgrounds, as such the style of the CTA needs to be set via the page the CTA is included in, not set in stone in an image. Also, the CTA in an image is in the wrong font. Surely there's a way to do this, I hope I'm just missing something somewhere.

1 Accepted solution

Accepted Solutions
Resident Expert

_hubspot-button-accept-as-solution-gif-v00.gif

Help other HubSpot searchers find this post quickly by accepting this solution today.

Q: Is there any way to create a true text link CTA rather than merely an image of some text?

Short A: Absolutely.

Longer A:

(see image)

hubspot-cta-pure-text.png

Here's an example page that shows that CTA in use (scroll to bottom).

Always happy to help. Reach out anytime if we can be of assistance with HubSpot.

Best,
Frank

hubspot-solutions-signature-mfrankjohnson-v03.png

www.MFrankJohnson.com

0 Upvotes
6 Replies
Occasional Contributor

Definitely upvoting this! We send out an email that can only really be automated if we can use the dynamic CTA. The other links in this email have contact properties passed in so we know those can't be CTAs. It is really bothersome that the link CTA does not match the standard link color, it often does not match alignment wise with the rest of the text, and it gets pixelated!

0 Upvotes
dit
Occasional Contributor

Weirdly, I've noticed that whilst I'm pasting in embed code that clearly contains an image it's actually showing as text on the front-end of our site.

0 Upvotes
Resident Expert

_hubspot-button-accept-as-solution-gif-v00.gif

Help other HubSpot searchers find this post quickly by accepting this solution today.

Q: Is there any way to create a true text link CTA rather than merely an image of some text?

Short A: Absolutely.

Longer A:

(see image)

hubspot-cta-pure-text.png

Here's an example page that shows that CTA in use (scroll to bottom).

Always happy to help. Reach out anytime if we can be of assistance with HubSpot.

Best,
Frank

hubspot-solutions-signature-mfrankjohnson-v03.png

www.MFrankJohnson.com

0 Upvotes
dit
Occasional Contributor

Hi Frank, that's exactly what I was doing but then in the embed code I could see a nasty image with alt text. When I added it to our website it displays as a text link though so I'm guessing the JS is doing something to convert it. Seems like a lot of effort to go text -> image -> text.

0 Upvotes
Resident Expert

Honestly, no idea what wizzardry is used when embedding off HubSpot. That example page we built is a HubSpot landing page. Glad it works/ed for you @dit ...

0 Upvotes
New Contributor

This is NOT a text link.  It is a picture of text that has a link.  Completely different.

Would this work:

- Create a CTA

- Copy the Test Link URL

- use this URL as an HTML link in the text of the email

I know we would lose the "CTA Views" stat (which likely requires the graphic to be loaded) but I'd still get CTA click tracking.  

Right?

0 Upvotes