CMS Development

thunder_chin

Creating a question with search

SOLVE

I am trying to create a survey in which one of the questions allow the user to type into a search box, and as the user types, it will show suggestions. 

Similar functionality can be found all over hubspot such as :

from the main page, Marketing -> Design Tools -> File -> New File

From there, once you click on the first box, it allows you to search while having a drop down list. I'm very new to HubSpot and have been trying to figure this out. Would any kind soul be helpful enough to help me 😕 I would really appreciate it.

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
jolle
Solution
Recognized Expert | Partner

SOLVE

Thanks for the additional context, @thunder_chin! That's a cool survey question. 

Honestly, I think your best bet is just leaving it as an open-response question. There is an overwhelming number of artists that someone could name, so I'm not sure there's even a comprehensive list that exists anywhere or another tool that could accomplish this.

You could also break it out into three questions (favorite artist 1, favorite artist 2, favorite artist 3) so you could more easily report on the responses. 

Hope this helps!!

Jacob Olle

Marketing Operations Manager

HubSpot Certified Trainer

Create Your Own Free Signature

View solution in original post

BarryGrennan
Solution
Top Contributor

SOLVE

You mention that you don't want to use a dropdown as it would be too long.

That made me wonder if something like this would be an option.

In my scenario you'd use a dropdown but hide it and use it's options to populate the suggestions in the new input.

profile2022aBarry Grennan

Freelance HubSpot CMS Developer

Website | Contact | LinkedIn

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
jolle

SOLVE

Hey @thunder_chin, thanks for sharing!

Unfortunately, search questions are not possible in HubSpot surveys (or even within HubSpot forms). Can you tell us a little bit more about what you're trying to accomplish? There may be a workaround!

If you have a specific use case that this would fit, I also strongly encoruage you to share your thoughts in the HubSpot Ideas Forum! If posts there gain enough traction, the HubSpot Product Team will consider rolling those features out in the future.

Thanks!

Jacob Olle

thunder_chin

SOLVE

Hi Jacob, I'm trying to create a survey to find out peoples top 3 artists. However, I would like them to choose from a list but it shouldn't be a dropdown as there are too many choices. I want them to know who they want to choose instead of just seeing the artists name on the list and choosing. If that makes sense. 

0 Upvotes
BarryGrennan
Solution
Top Contributor

SOLVE

You mention that you don't want to use a dropdown as it would be too long.

That made me wonder if something like this would be an option.

In my scenario you'd use a dropdown but hide it and use it's options to populate the suggestions in the new input.

profile2022aBarry Grennan

Freelance HubSpot CMS Developer

Website | Contact | LinkedIn

jolle
Solution

SOLVE

Thanks for the additional context, @thunder_chin! That's a cool survey question. 

Honestly, I think your best bet is just leaving it as an open-response question. There is an overwhelming number of artists that someone could name, so I'm not sure there's even a comprehensive list that exists anywhere or another tool that could accomplish this.

You could also break it out into three questions (favorite artist 1, favorite artist 2, favorite artist 3) so you could more easily report on the responses. 

Hope this helps!!

Jacob Olle