CMS Development

Filmacre
Participant | Platinum Partner

Creating Menus in Landing Pages

SOLVE

Hi Everyone,

I am more of a designer than a developer, and often find myself wanting to create things that I don't know how to build - and today is one of those days. I am trying to build either a navigable menu in a content section so that you can see and scroll through 6 different groups of content in the same content section. The options, to me, seem to be: create an image gallery and hire a developer to change the way the gallery displays or use buttons to link to the other content. 

Filmacre_0-1599147020884.png

I think you can see the sort of thing that I am going for... any ideas? (I would also like the buttons to be a different color if they are pressed, but that seems like a different issue for now)

Thanks!

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Anton
Solution
Recognized Expert

SOLVE

Hi @Filmacre

welcome fellow designer heart 🙂 

So if I understand you correctly you want to have a socalled "jump-navigation/on-page-navigation" which is linked to certain fields in the section, correct? So that it will change the informations that are shown by clicking on a button/nav-link, correct? A bit like a tab/accordeon module but without the looks of it. 

It's possible but I suggest to write a custom module for that since it will be a lot cleaner code(and function). 

btw - do you mean something like this? (but with text and image instead of just image)

best, 

Anton

Anton Bujanowski Signature

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
ConnorSlivensky
Key Advisor | Elite Partner
Key Advisor | Elite Partner

SOLVE

Hi Filmacre,

I may be missing something but is there anything specific stopping you from using the default menu creator in HubSpot shown here? I ask because if that works then you can easily create the menu and mantain it yourself with minimal technical expertise. All you would need to do is figure out the hex code for the colors you would like and change it in the CSS so it doesn't affect anything else. (People here can help with that as well)

Let me know how it goes.

Filmacre

SOLVE

Hi Connor,

This element is for a landing page, not a webpage, but doesn't need side navigation or top navigation. This is the 6th section down, and would feature 6 different paragraphs regarding our process - but what I want to do instead is have a menu that changes the photo and text based on which button you click. (I don't want to navigate off page or do a different part of the page, I want different content to show up in the same section.)

Essentially, I want an image and text gallery that is controlled by a navigation menu rather than just by arrows. (If that can be done with menus and anchor text or something, I would love to know how)

Thanks for your help!

-David

Anton
Solution
Recognized Expert

SOLVE

Hi @Filmacre

welcome fellow designer heart 🙂 

So if I understand you correctly you want to have a socalled "jump-navigation/on-page-navigation" which is linked to certain fields in the section, correct? So that it will change the informations that are shown by clicking on a button/nav-link, correct? A bit like a tab/accordeon module but without the looks of it. 

It's possible but I suggest to write a custom module for that since it will be a lot cleaner code(and function). 

btw - do you mean something like this? (but with text and image instead of just image)

best, 

Anton

Anton Bujanowski Signature
Filmacre

SOLVE

Hi Anton,

That was mostly perfect! Thank you so much for your help! I had a Tab Module that I think I can repurpose with some pretty light coding. (I was just unfamiliar with the term "Tab Module" 

Thanks a bunch!

0 Upvotes