CMS Development

SMcGuire9
Participant

Creating Custom Quote Template with New Line Items

Hey everyone, I want to change the quote template where instead of a total price there is a parts and a labor column that add up to the total. And then underneath I'd like for there to be two different subtotals. The current prebuilt templates do not allow this, the other probelm I'm having is the quote builder uses unit price as the value that contributes to the total price, which in this case I need split into parts and labor. Before I brought on a developer I wanted to check and see if this is even doable.

I've attached a photo of what the desired quote would look like and a second photo of the issue I'm running into with the quote builder unit price. 

Thanks,

SawyerInkedInkedHubspot Service Quote Template_LI2.jpgScreenshot 2021-04-09 132208.png

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
amandaulm
Contributor

Thanks @dennisedson 

Hi @SMcGuire9 - It's possible to replace the automatic subtotal and total calculations on the quote with your own custom calculations of those fields. However, what we ran into with my own company is that if you attach your quotes to Deals and want to use HubSpot's reporting, the quote totals attached to the Deal will not match what's on your quote. If you're OK with that, you can do anything you want to do on those totals - you just have to rebuilt all those calculations including the fees/taxes/etc as needed. Hope that helps!

SMcGuire9
Participant

Hi @amandaulm  and thank you for taking the time to respond. 

So in this case the quote totals wouldn't be able to be a combination of labor + parts but instead would be one of the two? Or where would the total be pulling from that it wouldn't match? 

Thank you! 

0 Upvotes
dennisedson
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Amanda, you are freakin quick!  As always, thanks for the assist!

0 Upvotes
dennisedson
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Hey @SMcGuire9 !

There are few people out here who might be able to advise 😃

@ChrisBroeders , @rwolupo , @amandaulm : can any of you lend a hand 👋