CMS Development

jscianna
Participant

Create a waitlist to let people know their position in line

SOLVE

Hello,

We'd like to create a waitlist for people to join our platform. After someone applies to join, we'd like to provide them with their place in line on a landing page, and also send an email with their spot in line.

Naturally, we need a way to move their position in the line up as we add more people to the platform.

Any thoughts on how to achieve this in Hubspot?

1 Accepted solution
prosa
Solution
Top Contributor

SOLVE

to do something like this you need to build a webapp. I would recomend using express and vuejs. it makes it easy to build. using your app you can submit request to update the database passing an api key and in your hubspot page filter the frontend of that table to show only the remaining "numbers" or the current spot being serve.. 

If this post helped you resolve your issue, please consider marking it as the solution. Thank you for supporting our HubSpot community.

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10
NGammon

SOLVE

Hi HubSpot - a few years on from these other earlier posts... is there a better, out-of-the-box solution for a waitlist using HubSpot? Thanks Nicola

0 Upvotes
daveroma
Top Contributor | Platinum Partner
Top Contributor | Platinum Partner

SOLVE

Hi @jscianna @sharonlicari 

Sounds like you're well on your way to waitlist success! Another feature I wanted to point out that may be helpful is HubSpot CMS's Smart Content. 

Smart Content enables you to tailor web page and email content specific to the viewer characteristics stored in your CRM. 

So just thinking out loud: you could create a custom property in your CRM called: "Line Position" and then use Smart Content to personalize the landing page and email content.

This should get you going with Smart Content:

https://knowledge.hubspot.com/cos-general/get-started-with-smart-content

David Roma | Drive Agency

droma@driveagency.co

Dave Roma,
HubSpot CMS Developer

Build a revenue generating website on HubSpot without a developer using The Generator Theme

prosa
Solution
Top Contributor

SOLVE

to do something like this you need to build a webapp. I would recomend using express and vuejs. it makes it easy to build. using your app you can submit request to update the database passing an api key and in your hubspot page filter the frontend of that table to show only the remaining "numbers" or the current spot being serve.. 

If this post helped you resolve your issue, please consider marking it as the solution. Thank you for supporting our HubSpot community.
jscianna
Participant

SOLVE

Hi Prosa,

Thanks for the recommendation. Is this something you have experience in and are able to do on a contract basis?

0 Upvotes
Kevin-C
Recognized Expert | Partner

SOLVE

Hey @jscianna 

Awesome project you've got here! I'll roill somthings around on my head to see what sounds viable.

In the meantime I wonder:

Have you tried anything yet? (successful or not)

Have you considered ho you would use the HubDB to store, manage, and process this data?

Have you looked into workflows?

Are there any edge cases that you can think of or need to be worked out?

What happens when they reach the destination/end of the line? And then what happens that action?

Who needs to know What and When do they need to know it? (think stateholders, key actors or sales members, and the contact thgemselves)

Kevin Cornett - Sr. Solutions Architect @ BridgeRev
jscianna
Participant

SOLVE

Thanks Kevin and Sharon,

I ended up hiring someone more experienced with HS and it sounds like they're working on a solution that uses HubDB. It's not something I've ever used.

I don't have any workflows set up yet, I'm not even sure where to begin. I looked into somehow integrating something like https://www.prefinery.com/ but it feels messy.

With a workflow, I'm not sure how I would auto-populate someone's property with a number that increases each time someone submits the form – and would be concerned it wouldn't populate quickly enough between the time they submit and land on the page to display their position in line. Secondly, how that property could auto-update each time someone in line is brought on the platform (therefore changing everyone's position in line).

In terms of who needs to know what, and when... us, the company, need to have visibility into the place in. The user should be able to go to a page to see their place in line and enter their email to see their place if their cache was previously cleared or they're on a new computer. We'll also need the ability to email the user periodically with a notification on where they stand.

Hopefully, the expert we hired has a good solution, but open to any ideas that may come up to share or execute ourselves.

Thanks in advance.

Kevin-C

SOLVE

@jscianna Glad you found somone to do the work. I almost suggested that as the best route!

I have brainstormed quickly a few ideas about storage and implementation. I think a combination of workflows, custom contact fields and Hubl could accomplish this, though it would be a pretty large undertaking.

Keep us posted when it's complete! I'd love to see it in action!

Kevin Cornett - Sr. Solutions Architect @ BridgeRev
jscianna
Participant

SOLVE

Unfortunately, the contractor we hired was not able to complete it. Based on his research, he determined it would take JavaScript which is out of his realm.

If you or anyone you know are available for some contract work with a tight deadline, let me know 🙂

0 Upvotes
prosa
Top Contributor

SOLVE

I sent you a private message.

0 Upvotes
sharonlicari
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @jscianna 

I apologize for the delay answer, could you please share the URL you are working on. This will help the experts I will tag so they will be able to advise you.  

Hey @alyssamwilie @daveroma @Kevin-C could you please share your knowledge with @jscianna ?     

Thank you,

Sharon 

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !