CMS Development

mrspabs
Stratege/Strategin | Elite Partner
Stratege/Strategin | Elite Partner

Create a staged version of blog

lösung

I would like to redesign my blog. Content staging doesnt seem to be available for blogs, or maybe not available for hubspot basic. how can i make a copy of my blog so i can test out new templates?

1 Akzeptierte Lösung
Phil_Vallender
Lösung
Koryphäe | Diamond Partner

lösung

Hi @mrspabs

Unfortunatly, blogs can not be staged currently. 

The way we go about it is to create a new test blog in blog settings, hide it from Google, copy some blog post over to it, then develop and test the new templates there. 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

6 Antworten
johnphilipking
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

This is one of many examples that demonstrates the absurdity of the arbitrary and artficial distinction that HubSpot makes between "Web pages" and "Blog Posts" and "Blog Listing" pages, etc. In reality they are all just web pages, period, and the fact that there isn't a single consistent underlying page-building and testing infrastructure across all web site content is ridiculous. 

MMcClellan
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

Agreed. I'm just adding a comment (in case activity on these issues matters/is monitored) that it's 2023, and as far as I can tell there is still no way to do this.

codyferguson
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

While there is no straight-forward method for staging your blog like in content staging for site pages and landing pages, there is actually a simple workaround.

1.) Go into Settings > Domains & URLs > Advanced options and turn on "Display System Domain" 

Screen Shot 2018-12-14 at 9.27.08 PM.png

2.) Go to Blog settings under Website and select your blog to stage

3.) Change blog root URL to the system domain (should end with hs.sites.com)

4.) Publish your blog posts and you should then be able to view your blog homepage and individual posts

*Note that once your website is ready to push live, you must go back and switch the blog root URL back to the correct domain.

0 Upvotes
Phil_Vallender
Lösung

lösung

Hi @mrspabs

Unfortunatly, blogs can not be staged currently. 

The way we go about it is to create a new test blog in blog settings, hide it from Google, copy some blog post over to it, then develop and test the new templates there. 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency
keegan-sbm
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

lösung

Unfortantely the accepted solution is no longer sufficent because if you are using hubspot search, the test blog (and all it's posts) will show up in live hubspot search results on your site. Just hiding the blog from via robots.txt also won't prevent the test blog posts from being automatically added to the sitemap xml.

Hubspot really needs to make a first-class way to do this, rather than janky workarounds that are error prone.

Phil_Vallender

lösung
0 Upvotes