CMS Development

PYoganathan
Contributor

Create a FAQ Page with Search Functionality

Hello,

I am creating an FAQ page on our site but wanted to know if a search bar can be created only based on the custom questions created on this page. When the suggestion is clicked, it will redirect them to the main accordion page below with the specific accordion dropdown collapsed.

Example concept of FAQ searchExample concept of FAQ search

2nd screen when the user is directed to the question they clicked on.2nd screen when the user is directed to the question they clicked on.

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
dbeau79
Contributor | Diamond Partner
Contributor | Diamond Partner

@PYoganathan , sorry for the late reply here but we recently built out something similar using HubDB and @piersg 's extremely helpful example of how to add autocomplete.  For your specific example I'd dynamically add an anchor to each accordion on the results page and on the search page utilize the autocomplete and generate a hash that corresponds to each accordion.  So when you hit submit your just appending that hash to /results url.  On the results page just write a little javascript that grabs the hash in the url and opens that accordion.  I realize this post is very late and you probably have it sorted but if you need any more help please let me know.

webdew
Guide | Diamond Partner
Guide | Diamond Partner

Hi @PYoganathan ,

if you are using search_input module then it provide you various optios about which type of results you want to show after search as shown in image link

https://prnt.sc/1xgy2it

so based on your requirements you can select this options or even all at once.

Hope this helps!

If we were able to answer your query, kindly help the community by marking it as a solution.

Thanks and Regards.

0 Upvotes
dennisedson
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

@erod , @dbeau79 how would you all handle this?

0 Upvotes