CMS Development

RebeccaS
Participant

Core web vitals LCP issues: all related to HubSpot

Hi, 

My developers have had a thorough look through all the LCP issues being reported in my Core Web Vitals report and all of these come down to HubSpot.  Does anyone know of any plans from HubSpot to update their JS and server configuration? 

4 Replies 4
Sjardo
Top Contributor | Elite Partner
Top Contributor | Elite Partner

Hi  @fvigeant , 

From my end I could also say that it's ignorant to blame HubSpot for your bad score. But it's not that easy. It's sad to see you saying this.

You are looking at RUM data. It could be that all of your visitors are from an third world country and you actually have a pretty quick website. If it's an dutch site (just like ours), our visitors are almost next to the CDN and will have a quicker experience. In the netherlands we also have amazing hardware and internet connection, all benefitting the RUM data. If we run the same site within India for example, the RUM data would plummit. 

HubSpot is not the most performing CMS out there. It's focusess on easy templating, tracking ton's of users interaction for you marketing oppertunities and you have no control over your hosting/cdn. This means a couple of things:

• TTFB is not something you can manage, as you do not control the hosting.
  • HubSpot has a tricking way of loading images, you do not have the easiest control over it
  • The default layout and multilanguage options are not performant, meaning if you use it, it will decrease in speed
  • If you load a bunch of tracking, the wrong setup for cookies or any other blocking script, that's probably on you.

If you look specificly to your 2 pointers: 

Indra
Guide | Elite Partner
Guide | Elite Partner

Hi @RebeccaS,

HubSpot is a platform where you can easily create templates with the use of drag and drop. If you want more control to handle javascript files that are loaded into your site, it's good idea to dive into .html templates and switch to it. Your developer will have more controle over it this way. Check out getting started with themes.

My colleague @Sjardo and I have recently optimized the website (www.bureauvet.nl) and are still improve statistics. If you need any help you can contact us.

Vet Digital - The Growth Agency | HubSpot Solutions Partner Agency

Did my post solve your question? Help the community by marking it as a solution
fvigeant
Participant

What you're saying is ignorant of the HS required script structure. For example these two very pervasive issues causing core vitals failure are HS determined and cannot be changed by end user:

1) unused javascript =>  it is not possible, because most of the js files are default in HubSpot 

2) eliminate any render-blocking resources => dependent of Hubspot

hubspot cms fails google core vitals.JPG

Indra
Guide | Elite Partner
Guide | Elite Partner

Hi @fvigeant,

@Sjardo perhaps you can help @fvigeant giving some tips for improving the Core Web Vitals?

Vet Digital - The Growth Agency | HubSpot Solutions Partner Agency

Did my post solve your question? Help the community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes