CMS Development

sshively

Copying HTML to Duplicate an Existing HubSpot Module

I'm looking to create a "newsletter" type email and have a template that I think will work.  It has a custom module that I would like to duplicate a few more times so it looks like a multiple article template (currently there is only one).

I spoke with HubSpot support, but they directed me here to get some advice.

I went ahead and copied the HTML for the module 2 more times onto the template using a cloned version and then created a new email using that cloned template. On the surface it looks okay, but then when we actually try to click into the modules below the main module, nothing happens. What else needs to happen to the HTML for the additional markup to be editable on the email level?

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
edjusten
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Copying HTML to Duplicate an Existing HubSpot Module

Hi @sshively  Apologies no one has gotten back to you earlier.  As it turns, the issue here was with the unique module name.  Since you copied and pasted the html, each module had the same name, so editing one module would have edited them all. I simply added a digit to the lp_callout module as follows:

lp_callout2
lp_callout3

If you check the edit version of the email, you should be able to edit the whole email. 

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you,

Ed Justen

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution