CMS Development

Sanne
Participant

Copy/paste modules between templates

Résolue

I need to copy/paste modules between templates, along with their CSS styling class(es) (not just swap a module). I see that this feature is "In planning", but how to I do it the easiest (and best) way until then?

2 Solutions acceptées
lizbutler
Solution
Participant

Résolue

I had this same question a couple of weeks ago. The short answer is no, you can't copy/paste between templates. HubSpot Support told me to go about it one of three ways (I did #1):

1) We can manually replicate that grouping in the other template. Just be sure to bring in all the correct CSS declarations from the existing modules.

2) Clone the template you are working with and rebuild other templates around that grouping.

3) Create global modules (instead of global groups) from the modules that exist in the header group right now. These will then be available from the left hand side o the design manager and can be converted into 'local copies' on other templates (see second screenshot). This global group uses a lot of the same modules (like feature header, image, and description) so doing this would probably be the best bet!

Voir la solution dans l'envoi d'origine

Neambo
Solution
Membre

Résolue

Hey @ravenousblue,

The Coscopy extension works only with the old Design Manager v1, except copying from purchased to non-purchased templates to protect intellectual property. On the new Design Manager there's a built-in button to clone modules or groups. Copying from template to template is being discussed - see @kleonard's answer here: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Copy-Duplicate-Groups/idi-p/20687/page/3#comments

Voir la solution dans l'envoi d'origine

14 Réponses
kelseysmith
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Résolue

Love this!  Thank you, Neambo! http://neambo.com/hubx

Neambo
Membre

Résolue

Good news! We've built a new Chrome extension, HubX, that works with the new Design Tools and you can now copy from one template to another: https://neambo.com/hubx

Nico_publico
Contributeur | Partenaire solutions Diamond
Contributeur | Partenaire solutions Diamond

Résolue

This is so awesome! Just what I was looking for.

0 Votes
sarakerwin
Contributeur

Résolue

Question for you, so I copied over a module to a new template, which worked very well.

However, when I went into the landing page to edit the content, it wouldn't allow me to edit it. The module works perfectly in the original template, so I'm guessing something happened when I copied it into the new template.

Have you run into this issue before or have any suggestions?

0 Votes
sarakerwin
Contributeur

Résolue

Thank you so much! This is amazing!

pger
Participant

Résolue

Works perfect. Thanks a lot. This saves me a lot of time while creating new templates.

0 Votes
ravenousblue
Participant

Résolue

Great. Cannot wait to try it out. Thanks!

0 Votes
nboothpof
Membre

Résolue

Omg that is so helpful! 

Thank you! 

Neambo
Membre

Résolue

We developed this little Chrome extension that adds the functionality to copy/paste drag-and-drop modules or groups in HubSpot template builder (v1). We have used this extension internally for quite some time and decided to make it public and free, so others can benefit. It's not perfect, but is a huge time saver. You can also use it to temporarily collapse/expand your groups: http://neambo.com/coscopy

ravenousblue
Participant

Résolue

I installed the chrome extension but it's grayed out. Any other ideas?

0 Votes
Neambo
Solution
Membre

Résolue

Hey @ravenousblue,

The Coscopy extension works only with the old Design Manager v1, except copying from purchased to non-purchased templates to protect intellectual property. On the new Design Manager there's a built-in button to clone modules or groups. Copying from template to template is being discussed - see @kleonard's answer here: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Copy-Duplicate-Groups/idi-p/20687/page/3#comments

ravenousblue
Participant

Résolue

Thank you!

0 Votes
lizbutler
Solution
Participant

Résolue

I had this same question a couple of weeks ago. The short answer is no, you can't copy/paste between templates. HubSpot Support told me to go about it one of three ways (I did #1):

1) We can manually replicate that grouping in the other template. Just be sure to bring in all the correct CSS declarations from the existing modules.

2) Clone the template you are working with and rebuild other templates around that grouping.

3) Create global modules (instead of global groups) from the modules that exist in the header group right now. These will then be available from the left hand side o the design manager and can be converted into 'local copies' on other templates (see second screenshot). This global group uses a lot of the same modules (like feature header, image, and description) so doing this would probably be the best bet!

Sanne
Participant

Résolue

Thank you soo much for your reply. You saved me for a LOT of time!

0 Votes