CMS Development

YuktaNigam
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

Content on hover effect is not editable at page level

I'm unable to edit the content (visible only  on hovering an image)... I'm trying to edit it using flexible column but it results in distorting the layout. How to fix this issue at page level editing without any distortion?

Please Help...

0 Upvotes
7 Antworten
Kevin-C
Trendsetter/-in | Partner

@Hey @YuktaNigam 

We chould be able to help if you just provide a few supporting pieces:

- are you develpoing this with the deisng manager or just updating copy via the content editor?

- a live version of the page with the "distorted" output.

- a live link to sn example of the desired funtionality or the template you're using.

Looking forward to helping out!

Kevin Cornett - Sr. Solutions Architect @ BridgeRev
YuktaNigam
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

I have developed my page on design manager then I moved for page level editing (marketing --> website --> website pages ---> create website page) for testing it. There I found no option for editing the rich text module which is visible only on hover the image.

https://preview.hs-sites.com/_hcms/preview/template/multi?is_buffered_template_layout=true&portalId=...

This is the page I'm creating, in this I have made the first member column as flexible column which  got distorted and rest are in desired layout... I just wanna know how to edit the rich text module on hover at page level editing.

0 Upvotes
Kevin-C

Ok, So from the inspector I can see that text is located in a container that has the ".hs_cos_wrapper_type_rich_text" which leads me to beileve that this does infact have the custom field needed to modify this content. Now why that isn't being presented in your content editor view is the tough task at hand. Could you add screenshots of the content editor view, specifically at the point where you modify the team members image, as well as a screen shot of the drag and drop editor(assuming you're using that) with the module in quesiton selected?

0 Upvotes
YuktaNigam
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

screenshot-app.hubspot.com-2019.02.14-19-55-00.png

0 Upvotes
Kevin-C

Good morning and pardon my delay,

so Iw as reviewing the markup and you can see in the image below that the flexible column modifies the markup. This is whats causing the CSS to change layout.

Screen Shot 2019-02-15 at 8.37.42 AM.png

You can see the structure of the Flexible column in the red box, and the non-flexible in the green box.

Unfortunately this structure change means that the easiest way to make this work is to modify the css and possibly javascript. That is with the flexible column.

But if you just retain the groups, and use the rich text (which is extremely flexible) to make changes to the copy you should be able to do a lot of modification.

YuktaNigam
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

Thank you Kevin for your time and answers Smiley (fröhlich) It really helped me a alot...

0 Upvotes
YuktaNigam
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

screenshot-app.hubspot.com-2019.02.14-19-52-30.png

0 Upvotes