CMS Development

bjornnborg

Contact variable not evaluated after form submission

SOLVE

Hi all,

I have a simple form wich redirects to another page (inside hubspot) after the submission. Let's call it "success page".

In the "sucess page" we have some variables like {{Contact ID}} or {{Contact Email}} and this variable is not evaluated/filled on page render. But the values are correct evaluated/filled if I hit the refresh button in my browser (Reload the "success page").

I didn't get what is going on. Can you help me understand why I was unable to use the contact information after the form submission?

More details: We are trying to build some "dynamic" content, like for example, hiperlinks, which should use the form/contact information in it.

Thank you.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

SOLVE

_hubspot-button-accept-as-solution-gif-v00.gif

What you're calling a 'success page' is called a 'thank you page' in HubSpot.

- see Smart content | Frequently Asked Questions - Can I use smart content on a thank you page?

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

SOLVE

_hubspot-button-accept-as-solution-gif-v00.gif

What you're calling a 'success page' is called a 'thank you page' in HubSpot.

- see Smart content | Frequently Asked Questions - Can I use smart content on a thank you page?

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
0 Upvotes
bjornnborg

SOLVE

Thank you so much for your response. The documentation was very informative.

Is there anyway I can overcome this "limitation"? I'm using this word in the lack of better word. Probabily I'm using the wrong approach to build what I want.

I would like to build a hiperlink with some dynamic data (email or contact id) and link/point to an external page then. My problem is the inability to interpolate the contact data in the hiperlink.

Any ideas?

Thank you again.

0 Upvotes
MFrankJohnson
Thought Leader

SOLVE

We vaguely remember seeing a workaround ... may involve javascript.

A good place to start may be to search for 'HubSpot smart content on thank you page'. You'll find lots of "you can't do that" posts, but there are a few suggestions in there that require code.

An alternative is to use a different forms tool for that use case. There are forms tools that fully support hyperlink iterpolation based on form responses AND conditional page redirection -- see Typeform, Gravity Forms, etc..

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
0 Upvotes