CMS Development

pHSolutions

Contact "Activity Feed" - Link is unavailable and can't go to their HubSpot Account.

SOLVE

Most of the time I am able to click on the contact who has just viewed their email by going to :Contacts\ Activity Feed. I am able to click on the contact name, which directs me to their HubSpot account. I like this because I can see the past history of our conversation and I see who is viewing it. But every so often, I get this "activity feed" where it doesn't say the contacts name. Instead, it says " Someone". I also can't click on the word " Someone".

Is there any reason why this keeps happening? My only guess is that I have merged a few of my contacts together and HubSpot is not able to recognize the link to the email anymore? I Would like to know why this keeps happening and if there is a way to find out who has opened their emails. 

Unable to Click on the "Someone" To take me to their HubSpot account.Unable to Click on the "Someone" To take me to their HubSpot account.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

Contact "Activity Feed" - Link is unavailable and can't go to their HubSpot Account.

SOLVE

_hubspot-button-accept-as-solution-gif-v00.gif

Q: Eevery so often, I get this "activity feed" where it doesn't say the contacts name. Instead, it says " Someone". I also can't click on the word " Someone". Is there any reason why this keeps happening??

Short A: Yes. Please see HubSpot KB article, 'Someone' notification in HubSpot Sales email extension

Longer A:

In addition to scenarios mentioned in the article, the HubSpot 'someone' notification can be triggered if your original recipient forwards your tracked HubSpot email to another email account (of their own or someone else).

Help answer your question? If so, remember to accept this solution now.

Best,
Frank

Author, the Perfect HubSpot Series

hubspot-solutions-signature-mfrankjohnson-v05.png

MFrankJohnson.com | Connect on LinkedIn

Help find posts quickly ... accept this solution now.

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

SOLVE

_hubspot-button-accept-as-solution-gif-v00.gif

Q: Eevery so often, I get this "activity feed" where it doesn't say the contacts name. Instead, it says " Someone". I also can't click on the word " Someone". Is there any reason why this keeps happening??

Short A: Yes. Please see HubSpot KB article, 'Someone' notification in HubSpot Sales email extension

Longer A:

In addition to scenarios mentioned in the article, the HubSpot 'someone' notification can be triggered if your original recipient forwards your tracked HubSpot email to another email account (of their own or someone else).

Help answer your question? If so, remember to accept this solution now.

Best,
Frank

Author, the Perfect HubSpot Series

hubspot-solutions-signature-mfrankjohnson-v05.png

MFrankJohnson.com | Connect on LinkedIn

Help find posts quickly ... accept this solution now.

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
0 Upvotes