CMS Development

MAnderson62
メンバー

Conflicting CSS when using Child theme and a deleted copy of theme

I am using the free version of ATLAS by Kalungi. I created a child theme and at one point had to clone the original theme to modify one of the modules to fit my needs. I have since deleted the copy of the theme but somehow it's CSS is trumping any changes I make to my child theme. The problem is with the header, In child.css  I changed the background to be navy and the text to white. I also changed it within theme settings  It works on the desktop version but when you go to mobile it doesn't,  the hamburger turns black, the menu stays white text but with the white background you can't see it but as you hover you see the underlining, and if you click, the link actually jumps to the anchors within the same page as you can see on the bar on the right of the page, and once you exit the menu, you are where the link brought you to.

Screen Shot 2021-12-07 at 11.19.57 AM.pngScreen Shot 2021-12-07 at 11.20.34 AM.pngScreen Shot 2021-12-07 at 11.20.45 AM.pngScreen Shot 2021-12-07 at 11.20.59 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-12-06 at 10.44.49 PM.png

3件の返信
ELavergne
参加者

Hello 
We have the same problem. 

At the beginning we created a duplicate version of atlas free theme (V2). 
3 months ago we updated atlas free theme (V6) and we create a child theme of the updated free theme
Then we modify the model of one page for testing, and choose the child theme model (landing-page.html). 
At first view it seems there is no modification but the CSS code "keep" an old file from the duplicate theme : 

Capture d’écran 2022-09-13 à 15.49.32.png

The three fisrt line are Good CSS code from the new child theme 
The last one is the Old code from the old duplicate theme -->

Is there a way to delete this code ? 
For the time being we have done this to only one page but there is one hundred more... 

Thanks to yours answers !! 

0 いいね!
webdew
ガイド役 | Diamond Partner
ガイド役 | Diamond Partner

Hi @MAnderson62 ,

Open base.html file inside layout folder and change the required css as per your requirements before 

{{ standard_header_includes }}

</head>

webdew_0-1638971839406.png

Hope this helps!

If we were able to answer your query, kindly help the community by marking it as a solution.
Thanks and Regards.

MAnderson62
メンバー

Hi @webdew !

Thank you so much for taking the time to help me. I think I have it set up properly, look at my screen shotScreen Shot 2021-12-08 at 1.25.39 PM.png

I  continue to make edits to my child.css inside my atlas-theme child and sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't and I think it is because it gets overriden by the atlas-theme__copy css file as you can see in the following screenshot

Screen Shot 2021-12-08 at 2.26.32 PM.png

Do you have any idea why this atlas-theme___copy continues to appear even though I deleted it?