CMS Development

MichaelJ
Contributor | Partner
Contributor | Partner

Combined CSS files and inline styles

Have been running into an issue where CSS files used and hosted on HubSpot are minified but not combined into a single file

(e.g. the one that looks something like combined-css-eb1d100fe563002ae833f8ac.css)

A support rep provided a blog post which (vaguely) explains that this is likely because the page contains inline styles.

This seems like an arbitrary limitation. Does anyone have any insight as to why the presence of inline styles would disable HubSpot's ability to combine CSS?

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
lscanlan
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

Combined CSS files and inline styles

Hi @MichaelJ,

Could you link me to a page where this is happening? Or a file within your HubSpot account? You can DM me if you'd prefer.

My understanding is that the minification process is simpler than the combining process. They're two separate processes, which is why minification is working, but combining isn't. I believe that part about inline CSS is no longer true, and that CSS combining is actually enabled for inlined styles. I've seen some examples where syntax errors have prevented combining. Not sure if that's what's happening here, but it could be.

So if you could link me to an example, I'll take a look and get an engineer's eyes on it also if needed.

Leland Scanlan

HubSpot Developer Support
0 Upvotes