CMS Development

MrCapp
Contributor

Combine tags with number of posts from multiple blogs and display?

We have 3 blogs on our site. Some tags are unique to a blog but many tags are used on more than one blog. Within a specific blog, we can display the tags used and the number of posts for each tag.

What we would like to do is grab all the tags and the number of posts from all our blogs and display them on the "home page" of the blog.

So if we have 5 blog posts tagged with Tacos in each of our 3 blogs, you would see (Tacos - 5) in the sidebar on each blog but (Tacos - 15) on the home page.

Clicking the (Tacos - 15) link on the home page would display a page with 15 blog post summaries. Each would link to its respective post within its respective blog. Clicking on (Tacos - 5) within the blog would only display 5 posts.

Is this possible? I've been trying some different variations of code but have yet to land on anything that works the way I need. It seems to always display the summary for our default blog.

I found a similar request from last year but it doesn't look like he found a solution: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/CMS-Development/Need-a-post-filter-module-to-display-all-tags-that-...

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
MrCapp
Contributor

Combine tags with number of posts from multiple blogs and display?

Is this request too complex? Is it not possible to do?

0 Upvotes