CMS Development

andrew19
Contributor

Child Menus

SOLVE

Hi

Hubspot have just migrated our Website, arcivate.com, to use Hubspot CMS and we are trying to use child menus.

Currently the child menu displays to to right and run off the page.

How do we get it to display to left or right dependant on the position of the menu item?

See attached image showing the problem 

child menuschild menus 

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
andrew19
Solution
Contributor

Child Menus

SOLVE

Hi Kevin-C

Thank you for your response, which I will arrange to test but it sounds like the perfect answer.

Thanks for your help.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
andrew19
Solution
Contributor

Child Menus

SOLVE

Hi Kevin-C

I have been able to update our site by just adding the minus sign in front of the 100% 

Your comment of; 

"Rather than having the left propery set to 100%, which places it on the right side you use a negative percentage or number to place it to the left side."

Is the perfect answer.

Thanks very much for your help

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
Kevin-C
Recognized Expert | Partner
Recognized Expert | Partner

Child Menus

SOLVE

Hey @andrew19 

You could adjust the sub menu's position like so:

.hs-menu-wrapper.hs-menu-flow-horizontal.flyouts>ul li.hs-item-has-children ul.hs-menu-children-wrapper li.hs-item-has-children ul.hs-menu-children-wrapper {
    left: -390px;
}

Rather than having the left propery set to 100%, which places it on the right side you use a negative percentage or number to place it to the left side.

Kevin Cornett - Sr. Solutions Architect @ BridgeRev
0 Upvotes
andrew19
Solution
Contributor

Child Menus

SOLVE

Hi Kevin-C

Thank you for your response, which I will arrange to test but it sounds like the perfect answer.

Thanks for your help.

0 Upvotes
andrew19
Solution
Contributor

Child Menus

SOLVE

Hi Kevin-C

I have been able to update our site by just adding the minus sign in front of the 100% 

Your comment of; 

"Rather than having the left propery set to 100%, which places it on the right side you use a negative percentage or number to place it to the left side."

Is the perfect answer.

Thanks very much for your help