CMS Development

TSweet123

Changing banner image on landing page template

SOLVE

Hello, 

There was a recent site redesign for my company and we are planning to change out the banner image for our landing pages on the site. Since it would be a pain to do it one by one, I was palnning to upadate the template that all of the pages are using and create a mass update that way since they all use the same banner image. 

However I am running into a problem since the current landing page template is only available in the css/html code format and I'm having trouble figuring out how to put the new banner image in there without messing up the rest of the template. 

I was wondering if there were any suggestions on how to do this?

Thanks

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Anton
Solution
Recognized Expert | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @TSweet123

have you changed the banner image at some point on any of your pages(not template)?

If so - changing the image in the template won't have any effect on the live pages. The only thing you can do is duplicating the module, changing the image in the module(easier than via code), placing the new module in the template, save it - done.

best, 

Anton

Anton Bujanowski Signature

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
Anton
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @TSweet123

have you changed the banner image at some point on any of your pages(not template)?

If so - changing the image in the template won't have any effect on the live pages. The only thing you can do is duplicating the module, changing the image in the module(easier than via code), placing the new module in the template, save it - done.

best, 

Anton

Anton Bujanowski Signature
0 Upvotes
TSweet123

SOLVE

So if any of the pages that use the template had the banner manually changed, then none of the pages that use the tamplate will be updated?

Also I looked into the module thing that you suggested and it was alot easier to replace the image there than trying to change the code. Thanks!

0 Upvotes
ashleyidesign
Top Contributor | Partner
Top Contributor | Partner

SOLVE

Hey,

Without seeing the template or code I couldn't say specifically what to do. Try sharing the template code and I should be able to let you know what line to change.

- Ashley

ashleyidesign.com

0 Upvotes
TSweet123

SOLVE

Here is the code for the template from the header section. I stopped before the code for the body container started. Let me know if this is not what you were asking for. 

<!--
templateType: page
isAvailableForNewContent: true
label: Landing Page
-->
{% extends "./layouts/base.html" %}

{% block header %}
{% global_partial path="./partials/header_landing_page.html" %}
{% endblock header %}

{% block body %}
<div class="banner-section">
{% dnd_area "banner-section" class='banner-area', label='Banner Section' %}