CMS Development

DavidFJones
Member | Platinum Partner
Member | Platinum Partner

Change users cookie data on form submission

SOLVE

Hey all,

I'm wondering if it's at all possible to change/update some values in a users tracking cookie on forum submission. If the user changes their name in the form field, can this change be reflected in their cookie?

This is a bit of an extension to this question - https://community.hubspot.com/t5/CMS-Development/Hubspot-Form-Caching-Data/m-p/353329#M17463

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
piersg
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hmm... it's not updating the cookie, but maybe what you need to do is use the Contacts API on page load to get the nickname and add it to the form yourself.

I just did a test with changing the name of my test contact that is autofilled in forms. It took a long time to update in the form (which is your current issue), but when getting the info via the API it shows the updated name immediately.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
piersg
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hmm... it's not updating the cookie, but maybe what you need to do is use the Contacts API on page load to get the nickname and add it to the form yourself.

I just did a test with changing the name of my test contact that is autofilled in forms. It took a long time to update in the form (which is your current issue), but when getting the info via the API it shows the updated name immediately.

natsumimori
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @DavidFJones ,

Let's see if other Community members have advice on this!

@Jsum and @piersg , could you share your idea here?

0 Upvotes