CMS Development

robrickert

Change text on global group

SOLVE

I am doing a redesign of the website, I no longer want the top global banner to look the same I want to change the navigation bar how do I change it? It is Global and won't even let me delete it. Help!! very frustrating!!

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Jsum
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

@robrickert,

It seams like you are trying to edit it in the template that it is used on. What you need to do is edit the global group itself. You can do this two ways:

1. go to a template that the group is used on, click the gear icon on the global group, click edit global group, and a new tab will open in your design manager for that group. 

2. go to your design manager and find global content on the left side. drop it down and choose global groups. this will pull up a list og global groups in the portal, find the one you are wanting to edit and click into it. A new tab will open in your design manager for that group. 

It's wierd that you can't delete it though, It makes me think you might be editing a purchased template or something. You should have an issue removing the global module from a template by clicking the gear icon and choose the delete/remove option. If that isn't the case try cloning the template then deleting it in the cloned version. If that doesn't work you may need to contact support. 

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
Jsum
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

@robrickert,

It seams like you are trying to edit it in the template that it is used on. What you need to do is edit the global group itself. You can do this two ways:

1. go to a template that the group is used on, click the gear icon on the global group, click edit global group, and a new tab will open in your design manager for that group. 

2. go to your design manager and find global content on the left side. drop it down and choose global groups. this will pull up a list og global groups in the portal, find the one you are wanting to edit and click into it. A new tab will open in your design manager for that group. 

It's wierd that you can't delete it though, It makes me think you might be editing a purchased template or something. You should have an issue removing the global module from a template by clicking the gear icon and choose the delete/remove option. If that isn't the case try cloning the template then deleting it in the cloned version. If that doesn't work you may need to contact support. 

0 Upvotes