CMS Development

Marius
Participant | Platinum Partner

Change text on global group

Hi i made a header and second navigation by myself and convert them to global group to use them again in many templates. The problem is: i want client can change the texts on those global group when creating a web page. Tose global group always shows as locked module and does not allow to change in web page creation. Is there any way to do that?

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
EricSalvi
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hey @Marius
Global Groups are designed so that they stay consistant across all pages that use them. The point of them is that if you were to use them on many pages it is a lot easier to update the Global Group in one location then trying to update each grouping of same modules on many pages.
You can't even add any type of custom modules in a Global Group to edit them on the page level. If you were to add a Custom Module in the Global Group it will not let you save them if the Custom Module is set True for being editable.

0 Upvotes
Marius

But what happen when i create a multi language site and global group is my head and footer? I must create 2 separated template for each language page?

0 Upvotes
EricSalvi
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Yes. One for one language and one for the other.

0 Upvotes