CMS Development

tward

Challenges with designing email

Does anyone else find it incredibly difficult to design emails with HubSpot? Beyond starting from scratch in the Design Manager, I'm having trouble with things like adding padding around images so that the text doesn't run right into the image. The padding tool doesn't seem to apply the padding when the test email reaches my inbox. Any ideas?

Also, how can I ask HubSpot to make email design easier overall? 

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
Stephanie-OG
Key Advisor

Yes, email templates are the worst Smiley Sad

Designing email templates on any platform, not just HubSpot, is unfortunately not an easy task. It's similar to web design in the 90s when all browsers behaved differently. 

Each email client has it's own quirks and what it will and won't support. Outlook in particular is pretty bad when it comes to padding. However, I think in general the options HubSpot has for image spacing are respected: 

padding.png

Are you using those options? What email client (Outlook 2016, Gmail... etc.) are you using?

Stephanie O'Gay GarciaHubSpot Design / Development

Website | Contact

If this helped, please mark it as the solution to your question, thanks!

tward

Thank you, but, yes, I tried using the padding/spacing feature within HubSpot, but the padding didn't hold in my test emails. Using Outlook 2016.

0 Upvotes
Stephanie-OG
Key Advisor

I don't seem to have that issue on Outlook 2016 when using HubSpot's padding.

In your rich text module, click on the "</>" icon in the toolbar which should bring up the source code for your content. If you can copy that here, we can take a look. There's a similar icon in the editor here (for "Insert code") that lets you paste in code in a nice format:

Like this

Stephanie O'Gay GarciaHubSpot Design / Development

Website | Contact

If this helped, please mark it as the solution to your question, thanks!

0 Upvotes