CMS Development

TMarmie

Carry Over Email to Calendar Booking Tool

SOLVE

Hello!

I recently implemented the embedded meetings calendar on our website (lexion.ai/thank-you), and I was wondering if there is a way for there to be any parameters or a cookie of somesort to be added, to auto-populate their email into the meetings calendar (see screenshots below).

For example, I would love to see "taylor@lexion.ai" carried over to the next screen automatically, so I don't have to fill it in again. Is this possible?

Screen Shot 2022-04-09 at 4.35.33 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-04-09 at 4.35.41 PM.png

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
stefen
Solution
Key Advisor | Partner
Key Advisor | Partner

SOLVE

@TMarmie @dennisedson If you were to embed the meetings scheduling widget on the page you can pre-populate those fields with query parameters. See attached screenshot for an example:

Screen Shot 2022-04-19 at 12.21.00 PM.png

You can also do the same thing on the meeting url as well:
Screen Shot 2022-04-19 at 12.23.45 PM.png

So if you want to redirect a form to that meetings link you would just need a little javascript to do the redirect for you with the value of that field appended to the URL as a query string. Hope that helps!

Stefen Phelps, Community Champion, Kelp Web Developer

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
prb01

SOLVE

Hi @TMarmie,

Were you able to solve this on your end? I am struggling with the same issue.

I think @stefen's solution is missing a step in the screenshots, as I can see that the meeting time has already been set. From my understanding, the Hubspot meetings workflow is as follows:

1. Enter email address -> click "Start Booking"
  2. Choose day/time for meeting.
  3. Enter any additional information in the form -> click "Confirm"
  4. Confirmation page/redirect

prb01_0-1704363314168.png

In step 1, is it possible to pre-populate that email address? I have tried with query parameters, and it does not work for me. Of course, once the user provides the email in the first step, it will pre-populate that email in step 3. You can also pre-populate other fields (such as first name, last name) using query parameters, but for some reason it doesn't seem to allow that in step 1 with the email.

Cheers

0 Upvotes
dennisedson
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

@TMarmie 

I do not think this is possible.  @stefen , can you prove me wrong?

0 Upvotes
stefen
Solution
Key Advisor | Partner
Key Advisor | Partner

SOLVE

@TMarmie @dennisedson If you were to embed the meetings scheduling widget on the page you can pre-populate those fields with query parameters. See attached screenshot for an example:

Screen Shot 2022-04-19 at 12.21.00 PM.png

You can also do the same thing on the meeting url as well:
Screen Shot 2022-04-19 at 12.23.45 PM.png

So if you want to redirect a form to that meetings link you would just need a little javascript to do the redirect for you with the value of that field appended to the URL as a query string. Hope that helps!

Stefen Phelps, Community Champion, Kelp Web Developer