CMS Development

mkarsten
Top Contributor

Capping form submissions

SOLVE

We have a limited offer where we're capping the number of free samples we're sending out. I'm looking to automate something in Hubspot to send me a notification once we reach a certain number of submissions. A looked thru the workflow options, but don't see anything right off that would help with this. Please suggest ways we can make this happen.

1 Accepted solution
derekcavaliero
Solution
Top Contributor | Diamond Partner

Capping form submissions

SOLVE

You'd probably need to use the Form Submissions API (https://developers.hubspot.com/docs/methods/forms/get-submissions-for-a-form) + the Workflows API to trigger/modify a workflow whenever a form gets a specific # of submissions.

That would require a separate service worker or script on a CRON on another server to run on a recurring basis.

So - you can do it - but its going to require a little bit of API knowledge and custom development

Derek Cavaliero
Director of Engineering

WebMechanix
www.webmechanix.com

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9
A_ERPBridge
Contributor | Platinum Partner
Contributor | Platinum Partner

Capping form submissions

SOLVE

Need this too; very useful for tickets events.

0 Upvotes
folked
Top Contributor

Capping form submissions

SOLVE

Any news here?

All solutions that currently exist for form capping are workarounds and way to technical. I would rather like to see a solution within the form settings, e.g. like this:

Activate Capping? If yes,
- define max. number of submissions
- type in form message to appear for the visitor if max. number submissions has been reached.
- send alert to HubSpot User if max. number submissions has been reached
derekcavaliero
Solution

Capping form submissions

SOLVE

You'd probably need to use the Form Submissions API (https://developers.hubspot.com/docs/methods/forms/get-submissions-for-a-form) + the Workflows API to trigger/modify a workflow whenever a form gets a specific # of submissions.

That would require a separate service worker or script on a CRON on another server to run on a recurring basis.

So - you can do it - but its going to require a little bit of API knowledge and custom development

Derek Cavaliero
Director of Engineering

WebMechanix
www.webmechanix.com
folked
Top Contributor

Capping form submissions

SOLVE

Goot idea. Would be even better to automatically deactive the registration form (and show a tect message instead of the form) to make sure no one else is signing up for an event which is booked out.  

Svea
Participant

Capping form submissions

SOLVE

My company and I are also very interested in form capping and getting an alert when a fixed number of form submissions had been fullfilled. 

This function could be very usufull in connection to a certain event. 

Therefore, are there any new possible functions to insert an alert on forms ?

Thanks in advance!

MCS
Participant

Capping form submissions

SOLVE

I agree that a feature like this would be very useful. This would allow my company to use HubSpot forms also for special cases such as event registrations, for example. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Capping form submissions

SOLVE

Hey @mkarsten I'm not aware of any out-of-the-box feature in HubSpot that does this. So I would absolutely vote for this feature request if you posted it on HubSpot's Idea Exchange

It might be worth posting this question on HubSpot's developers forum, to see if a custom solution is possible using HubSpot's forms API. On this forum you'll find a wealth of API knowledge from HubSpot's own engineering team and partner web developers 🙂

mkarsten
Top Contributor

Capping form submissions

SOLVE

Someone commented today with an API solution, so you were right.:) Unfortunately, our internal department that has the team members that could do this coding is booked for the year with other priorities.

0 Upvotes
mkarsten
Top Contributor

Capping form submissions

SOLVE

Thanks for the direction! And I put this up on the Idea Exchange a minute ago:)