CMS Development

ScottyCompton
メンバー

Cannot Create A New Template With Designer Account

解決

Hello - 

So I'm completely new to Hubspot.  I have access to a friend's account, and appare to be able to do everything I need to do with her account.  I went ahead and created a designer account and started going through the Hubspot Design tutorials but have run into a snag...

First, UI for the account that I have does not look like the UI that is showin in the tutorials or when I'm logged in under my friend's account.  So that's creating some confusion.  Secondly,  I can't find the big blue should-be-obvious "Create Template" that's supposed to be on the right-hand side (in fact, in my view, the right column looks completely different)

This is my view when I click "Design Manger" from the top nav:

My Hubspot Design Manager ViewMy Hubspot Design Manager View And this is what the HubSpot Tutorial is showing me it should look like:

What the tutorial shows meWhat the tutorial shows me 

So I'm really confused - do I need to pay for the account to get access to different features, or am I just missing something?  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks!

0 いいね!
2件の承認済みベストアンサー
MFrankJohnson
解決策
ソートリーダー

解決

2000px-Ok_sign_font_awesomeDoes my post help answer your question?

Help the Community by marking it as SOLVED

Q: How to create a new template in new Design Manager (2018)?

Short A: (see image)

hubspot-design-manager-new.png

Longer A:

HubSpot recently released the beta version of a new Design Manager. That's what you see on your screen when you login.

The HubSpot Academy Design tutorials have not yet been updated. In fact, there are many resources that need to be updated. We expect that will be a long process.

Hope that helps.

Please accept this solution if it helps to resolve your inquiry.

Best,

Frank

share-on-Linkedin-Button-75x19.png 

hubspot-forum-signature-badge-v01.png

www.MFrankJohnson.com

Please include @MFrankJohnson if you'd like me to respond.

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com

元の投稿で解決策を見る

MFrankJohnson
解決策
ソートリーダー

解決

Ok, "inline styles" aren't always visible in the new Design Manager preview. That being said, they ARE applied (in context to other, possibly overriding CSS). And, inline styles behave VERY differently in email templates versus page templates. Just sayin.

>"Is thre a way to migrate from the beta version to the existing COS?"
Sure. You're welcome to contact support and ask to be removed from the Design Manager BETA. However, in doing so just consider that you'll be significantly increasing your workload because there are stark differences between the two and the new Design Manager isn't going away.

Point?

You will eventually need to learn the new Design Manager. (no way around it)

Recommendation: It's not 'easy', but stick it out with the new Design Manager. He11, if web design was 'easy' everyone would do it! LOL

Finally, I do not normally follow these threads. Please add @MFrankJohnson if you need me to see your message.

Also, please mark this issue as SOLVED.

Thanks again and good luck on your projects.

Best,
Frank

www.MFrankJohnson.com

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com

元の投稿で解決策を見る

0 いいね!
3件の返信
MFrankJohnson
解決策
ソートリーダー

解決

2000px-Ok_sign_font_awesomeDoes my post help answer your question?

Help the Community by marking it as SOLVED

Q: How to create a new template in new Design Manager (2018)?

Short A: (see image)

hubspot-design-manager-new.png

Longer A:

HubSpot recently released the beta version of a new Design Manager. That's what you see on your screen when you login.

The HubSpot Academy Design tutorials have not yet been updated. In fact, there are many resources that need to be updated. We expect that will be a long process.

Hope that helps.

Please accept this solution if it helps to resolve your inquiry.

Best,

Frank

share-on-Linkedin-Button-75x19.png 

hubspot-forum-signature-badge-v01.png

www.MFrankJohnson.com

Please include @MFrankJohnson if you'd like me to respond.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
ScottyCompton
メンバー

解決

Hey Frank thanks for the reply.

So... I think the original version is much more intuitive, and I'm having difficulty with the simplest of things - like assigning inline styles to images.  Ya got a box that says "inline styles", you type in some CSS styles, and viola' - nothing changes (styles aren't applied).  In short, doesn't seem like this cake is fully baked.

Is there any way to migrate from the beta version to the existing COS?  I'd much rather use that, as I am trying to learn HubSpot for designers and it would also really be nice to have a UI that matches the tutorial.

Thanks again -

Scotty

0 いいね!
MFrankJohnson
解決策
ソートリーダー

解決

Ok, "inline styles" aren't always visible in the new Design Manager preview. That being said, they ARE applied (in context to other, possibly overriding CSS). And, inline styles behave VERY differently in email templates versus page templates. Just sayin.

>"Is thre a way to migrate from the beta version to the existing COS?"
Sure. You're welcome to contact support and ask to be removed from the Design Manager BETA. However, in doing so just consider that you'll be significantly increasing your workload because there are stark differences between the two and the new Design Manager isn't going away.

Point?

You will eventually need to learn the new Design Manager. (no way around it)

Recommendation: It's not 'easy', but stick it out with the new Design Manager. He11, if web design was 'easy' everyone would do it! LOL

Finally, I do not normally follow these threads. Please add @MFrankJohnson if you need me to see your message.

Also, please mark this issue as SOLVED.

Thanks again and good luck on your projects.

Best,
Frank

www.MFrankJohnson.com

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
0 いいね!