CMS Development

Margot

Can you archive old pages in content staging, or put them in a folder?

I'm starting a new re-design for a content-rich site, and am new to HubSpot...

There are pages of old staged content, most of which appears to be published, but I don't want to get rid of it. I'd love to put them all in a folder [or archive them someow] and have a clean slate to start with. 

Also, are there any resources for a newbie? I'm a designer used to being able to put stuff on a page where I want it...most of the resources seem only to be about marketing. I need a nuts and bolts guide to design.

Thanks!

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
Jsum
Key Advisor

@Margot,

There are the certifications that walk you through how to build in Hubspot, the Hubspot docs, and the Hubspot developer forums. Google will often deliver a good answer to a question as well. 

As for archiving, If you go to "website pages" and click the dropdown on the far right of any one page there is an archive option. it will move it to an archived "folder" technically. 

0 Upvotes
Margot

I saw how to archive other pages, just not in content staging. Even if I could put them in a folder, it would be easier than wading through 13 pages of staging. But I don't feel I can delete what my client has on the site. 

I do all of this client's print ads and photography, and now they want me to do the website. But I can't use Adobe Dreamweaver or Muse, as they want it developed wholly in HubSpot.

I've gone through a lot of the help content, including the user guide. Frankly, I find the resources more confusing than helpful. I've scoured the web for a comprehensive design tutorial, and Amazon for a book, but most HubSpot materials are marketing-related.

I signed up for the certification, but stopped when asked for a credit card. I am an advanced user of creative software [Adobe Creative Cloud] but am having difficulty figuring out how to work in boxes inside of boxes inside of other boxes.

Anyway, thanks for your reply. If you know of another comprehensive resource that is design-oriented and straightforward, please let me know.

0 Upvotes
Jsum
Key Advisor

@Margot,

have your client add you to there portal, if they haven't already, and use the email attached to their portal to o the certifications. No credit card will be required as the certifications are free. 

I totally understand where you are coming from. I had 10 years of web development experience going into hubspot and I had to fight scratch and claw with every aspect. and this was before they updated the docs a few years ago. And I had the same luck finding resources as you have. 

part of the issue is that their are two ways to build websites on hubspot, with the template builder and with HubL. I used the jinja docs to help me learn HubL as they are essentially the same thing. As for the template builder you shouldn't have to much trouble if you are familiar at all with bootstrap 2 as they use a stripped down version of bs2 for structuring. Really though if your not familiar with HTML/CSS/JS and at least one content management system then your learning curve is going to be pretty steep. If you have any specific questions or need help you can pm me. 

0 Upvotes
Margot

Thanks...I have full privileges with the client, just put in my own website, so I guess they started a 'provider' account. Then they requested a cc and I wasn't sure for what or how much, so I quit the process. However, when I go to log into my client's portal, there is a provider a/c there as well.

I will look at it again, and thanks for the advice!

0 Upvotes