CMS Development

dharrison
Participante | Partner
Participante | Partner

Can't Preview Listing View for Blog Template

resolver

Hello, I'm trying to code a new HubSpot blog template for our agency website via the Design Manager.

We already have a live HubSpot blog that I also coded the template for, so I am trying to preview the new template first before publishing it. I want the new template to only go live once we launch our new website.

When I click "Preview options", then "Listing view" to preview the listing view of my new blog template, I am only able to see the single post view.

The Design Manager preview also does not work for my currently live blog template, so I don't believe the issue is with my code, but rather with the preview functionality.

The following test code always returns "post view":

{% if is_listing_view %}
    listing view
{% else %}
    post view
{% endif %}

Can someone help me with this?

0 Me gusta
1 Soluciones aceptada
dharrison
Solución
Participante | Partner
Participante | Partner

resolver

Hi @stefen, I received a response to a support ticket I submitted on this issue:

I have tested in several other portals and it seems that if a blog is using a coded template then we can only ever preview the post template. If the blog template is using the drag and drop functionality then we can view both versions. I have reached out to our backend team and opened an internal ticket to see if we can create the same functionality for coded templates.

It seems this problem is not isolated to my code or to my portal, but at least it sounds like someone is looking into it.

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

5 Respuestas 5
stefen
Asesor destacado | Partner
Asesor destacado | Partner

resolver

@dharrison are you using the template builder or a coded template?

Stefen Phelps, Community Champion, Kelp Web Developer
0 Me gusta
dharrison
Participante | Partner
Participante | Partner

resolver

@stefen It's a coded template, but I'm trying to preview it in the Design Manager.

The code I'm using is based on this article: http://designers.hubspot.com/docs/hubl/blog-content-markup

0 Me gusta
dharrison
Solución
Participante | Partner
Participante | Partner

resolver

Hi @stefen, I received a response to a support ticket I submitted on this issue:

I have tested in several other portals and it seems that if a blog is using a coded template then we can only ever preview the post template. If the blog template is using the drag and drop functionality then we can view both versions. I have reached out to our backend team and opened an internal ticket to see if we can create the same functionality for coded templates.

It seems this problem is not isolated to my code or to my portal, but at least it sounds like someone is looking into it.

lcrumling
Colaborador

resolver

I'm having this same issue, seems no one ever fixed it as this was posted almost a year ago...  :'(

0 Me gusta
dharrison
Participante | Partner
Participante | Partner

resolver

@lcrumling You may want to put a support ticket in at your portal, as that was how I was able to get the issue resolved on my end. I just double checked and the post/listing view previews are still both working for me.