CMS Development

Justin14
Participant

Can I create an enrollment button?

SOLVE

I know I can create a CTA that leads to a page that asks for an email, that in turn enrolls someone into a workflow. But can I create something like a button in email, that if a user clicks - it just enrolls them into a workflow? This would be going out to users that we already have as contacts - the button serves to enroll interested users into a beta program we have. 

Is there an easy way to do this?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Justin14
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

We ended up creating a Thank you page and having the CTA go to that. Then using the viewing of that page as the enrollment criteria to a workflow. So it worked out. Thanks for the response!

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
Phil_Vallender
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Justin14

You can do this, sort of. 

You can create workflow enrollment criteria based on 'contact clicked on a link in email' and then specify the email and the specific link. 

You would need to configure or create the workflow for each email, but it would have the desired result. 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency
0 Upvotes
Justin14
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

We ended up creating a Thank you page and having the CTA go to that. Then using the viewing of that page as the enrollment criteria to a workflow. So it worked out. Thanks for the response!

0 Upvotes
Phil_Vallender

SOLVE

Hi @Justin14

Glad you found a solution. Just be aware that page view is not always 100% accurate. There are a few scenarios which can prevent a page view from being logged. If this is within tolerance, then you are ok. 

We had exactly the same thing set up once and wondered why workflows were not firing. We ended up adding a form to that thank you page to get 100% confidence. 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency
0 Upvotes
Justin14
Participant

SOLVE

Dangit! Really? Adding a form was a thing we considered but we wanted to lower the friction for people. Plus, then we have to deal with building that out in HS, which has been a different kind of monster for us.

This solution will have to do for now.

0 Upvotes