CMS Development

jonmogard
Membro

Can I change template type from "page" to "systems page"?

resolver

Hi!
I made an error 404 page but accidentaly chose "Page" as template type instead of "System" so it won't show up as an option when in the "choose error page" section in website settings.

Is there any way of changing the template type on an exisiting template? Can't seem to find it anywhere.

screen_errorpage.png

0 Avaliação positiva
1 Solução aceita
Jon_McLaren
Solução
Top colaborador(a) | Parceiro Platinum

resolver

Hi I'm afraid there's actually no way for us as non HubSpot staff to do this.

You have to re-create the template as a system template.

fortunately it shouldn't be too big of a deal if you're using global groups for your header and footer, and using stylesheets for styling. you then only need to worry about re-creating what's in the body, as you can just drop the global header and footer back in and link your stylesheet you used on the "page" version of the template.

Theoretically though HubSpot support may be able to make this change for you, though it's possibly a little technical for them. They'd have to know how to edit the value for what type of template it is. The page and system templates are not that different data wise.

Good luck, I've been in your shoes before.

Messages posted by this account have been preserved for their historical usefulness. Jon has a new profile now.

Exibir solução no post original

2 Respostas 2
Jon_McLaren
Solução

resolver

Hi I'm afraid there's actually no way for us as non HubSpot staff to do this.

You have to re-create the template as a system template.

fortunately it shouldn't be too big of a deal if you're using global groups for your header and footer, and using stylesheets for styling. you then only need to worry about re-creating what's in the body, as you can just drop the global header and footer back in and link your stylesheet you used on the "page" version of the template.

Theoretically though HubSpot support may be able to make this change for you, though it's possibly a little technical for them. They'd have to know how to edit the value for what type of template it is. The page and system templates are not that different data wise.

Good luck, I've been in your shoes before.

Messages posted by this account have been preserved for their historical usefulness. Jon has a new profile now.
jennysowyrda
Gerente da Comunidade
Gerente da Comunidade

resolver

Hi @jonmogard ,

Have you reached out to HubSpot Technical Support with this question? They should be able to assist in helping with matters specific to your portal. 

Once you get a solution from them, would you mind sharing it here so we can learn, too? 

Thanks,
Jenny

0 Avaliação positiva