CMS Development

Phphucnguyen83
Mitglied

Can Hubspot track Webflow CMS

Hi all,

I’m wondering if anybody are here are using Webflow CMS, tracked by Hubspot. I love Webflow for its superior design capabilities, and also can’t live with Hubspot for inbound. If you have any experience on this. Please share, thank ou so much
16 Antworten
PaulHewett
Mitglied

@Phphucnguyen83 

I would recommend using Google Tag Manager for adding Hubspot tracking code to Webflow.

There is a native integration option within WebFlow via customer headers, which is quick: add Hubspot tracking .js script (hubSpot>settings>tracking) to Webflow custom code header (Webflow > custom code > header code). However, if you're adding a few different web services this header is going to become bloated quite quickly, so GTM is a way better long term option. 

Webflow has a native GTM integration within the 'integrations' section. You can add your container ID here and head over to GTM to set up your container and configure the tags and triggers. 

ThundraTeam
Teilnehmer/-in

Perfect, thanks @PaulHewett, with this GTM integration, are we able to track each website activity within HS? Can you evaluate each contact's website activity?

Thank you!

0 Upvotes
leslieb
Teilnehmer/-in

I'm also super curious about this.

Does anyone have experience in designing in Webflow, then exporting/importing into HubSpot for their superior inbound tools?

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community-Manager/-in
Community-Manager/-in

HI @Phphucnguyen83,

I want to tag in a few users who have mentioned using Webflow in the past. @Sameer and @jferguson do you have any tips for @Phphucnguyen83?

Thanks,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
jferguson
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

We're still building our new site on Webflow, so it isn't live and doesn't have the HS tracking code added yet. We plan to launch Sept. 1, but it should be a piece of cake.

Do you have specific questions about it, or something you're trying to figure out?

Efaye
Teilnehmer/-in

Hi @jferguson  -- I'm in the process of doing this now and I'm wondering how it went/ is going for you. Are you still using HS and Webflow after 2 years / Are you satisfied with the site tracking / and what method did you use to set up the tracking? 

Looking forward to hearing from you and I hope you have time to answer 🙂

0 Upvotes
jferguson
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

Hi @Efaye, yes we're still using both platforms. We simply added the HS code to the global footer code section in the WF site settings area - it was really pretty easy to set up.

The main thing we use the tracking for is to see Chrome notification popups such as "John Doe viewed Pagename" or to view a contact record to see what kind of pages a visitors has viewed, to determine what services they are most interested in. I believe we have a couple automations to tag that type of info as well, but I don't remember off-hand.

You can also view reports for SEO Page Analytics and Query Analytics, but we don't use them much.

JPolonis
Mitglied

Hi @jferguson ,

thanks for all the info, very useful! I jsut wanted to ask if you are use native hubspot forms embedded on webflow site, or you use custom webflow forms? And if it's the latter, do you get all the contact info on hubspot once they fill the webflow form? Because I don't see where the connection would be made, for example if we use zapier to pass contact details from webflow form to hubspot or just pass it manually, how would it receive all other analytical info?

0 Upvotes
jferguson
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

@JPolonis We are just using the native forms embedded into our Webflow site. In our case, they happen to blend right in so the design looks fine. Using the native forms is really simple to integrate.

For any non-Hubspot forms, their code can scrape the data and pull it into Hubspot, so there isn't much you need to do there. If you want to use Webflow's forms, I believe you need to add the field names and possibly some data attributes for each one. It's been a while so I don't remember.

I'd suggest you just try it on a test page, submit the form and see what happens, and go from there.

0 Upvotes
ThundraTeam
Teilnehmer/-in

We use HubSpot forms and embed them on the Webflow pages via custom code -
We define the style of the form as well within this custom code.
0 Upvotes
Efaye
Teilnehmer/-in

Thanks for your quick response, @jferguson ! So you added the code directly to your global footer in Webflow, and you are not using anything like the Google Tag Manager, suggested by @PaulHewett ? That does seem simpler. @PaulHewett , I'm wondering if there are any downsides to not using GTM besides having a lot of code in the footer or header? Would this cause any site loading problems, or is it just a possible inconvenience on the back end?

0 Upvotes
jferguson
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

We actually do use GTM, but for whatever reason, the HS tracking code is not in there. If I recall correctly, we added the HS code before adding GTM, and just never tidied up. We probably should do that!

0 Upvotes
ThundraTeam
Teilnehmer/-in

Well, we're in the same situation now - building our new site on Webflow and would like to track and analyze all website activities within HS. I'm trying to figure out if we can do this smoothly. Could you please tell me how you managed it and if it's working as you expected?

PDressler
Teilnehmer/-in

Hey @ThundraTeam , did you find any solution for your problem?

0 Upvotes
ThundraTeam
Teilnehmer/-in

Hey @PDressler, well, we're still building our website and didn't launch yet, so I haven't any news on this; however, since we are already using GTM, I will first try it out to set the tracking via triggers and tags.  We plan to go live soon, so I'll gladly let you know how it goes afterward.

JBerardi
Mitglied

Hi @ThundraTeam, have you worked this out? How did the tracking work? 

0 Upvotes